• This topic has 10 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by sv.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ghetto Foam Wipers
  • teasel
    Free Member

Hi, guys, as the title suggests – anyone ever made or have any ideas of how to fashion your very own foam wiper for some ancient Psylo’s (c.2001)?

Type of foam and a method of cutting to shape is what I’m after here. I know there are a few bright sparks around these parts so let’s hear your suggestions, if you please…

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Aren’t Psylo’s 30mm Stantions? Same as Reba/Tora etc?
    If so, a dust seal kit is about £16 & if they’re that age, possibly due a service.
    Or a bag of 20 foam wiper rings can be bought from Fishers by your LBS for not a lot, so should be available for about £1 each.

teasel
    Free Member

I had the foresight to grab a couple of Revive Kits when I first purchased the forks so they’ve been regularly serviced since then. It’s just that I’m down to my last kit so was looking at alternatives. I thought the other forks had gone up to 32mm but I’ll go have a quick Google…

teasel
    Free Member

You’re correct – Dukes are 30mm.

Ta

sv

Reba/Tora now 32mm.

teasel
    Free Member

Sorry, my mistake – you didn’t mention Dukes.

Got a link to the Fishers pack of wipers or are you suggesting they’re only available through my LBS…?

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I had a look on thier B2B site & they’re listed as in stock & available in packs of 20 for 30mm stantions. (Really should know newer ones are 32mm, I only serviced three pairs last week 🙄 )
    So any LBS should be able to get them, if you can’t find them online somewhere-I haven’t looked, but CRC/Merlin et al. might have them.

teasel
    Free Member

Thanks

teasel
    Free Member

Top bollock, Woody. Thanks very much…

sv
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ghetto Foam Wipers’ is closed to new replies.