Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • General strike.
  • Drac

This is where we differ.

Which essential all that it’s about. There’s those that’ll fight and those that’ll go elsewhere and try to find something better. In your case Spain. May I ask where you plan to retire to are you staying in Spain or heading back here after not paying taxes for many years to the UK.

That’s not meant in a nasty way by the way it’s a genuine question.

It’s an interesting concept but completely ignores the fact there are widely diverse areas of ‘public sector’

Precisely we know they exist in our profession even but it’s not anywhere near 50% of 1% never mind 50%.

donsimon
    Free Member

Another one who has been fooled by the propaganda.

When are you going to learn that people who have different views to you are not fools? Just people with different views. One could throw it straight back at you. Until you start to talk like an adult, I simply can not take anything you say seriously.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Sack the right 50% and I reckon you could still output the same amount and still knock off early on Friday…

like the army or the police for example?
    As DS notes all sectors have inefficiencies [ like your description better tbh] it is daft to think 50% of all public sector workers could be removed without anyone noticing. Bins , roads, doctors doubling class sizes etc.
    personally ii have done work in both and I found [ generally] private sector workers in care to do less as they got paid less so would work less hard. if you pay me the minimum wage I will do the minimum for example.

donsimon
    Free Member

May I ask where you plan to retire to are you staying in Spain or heading back here after not paying taxes for many years to the UK.

I’m taking advantage of either article 85 or 86, I can’t remember which, that allows free movement of workers within the EU. Any tax and social security paid here will be transferred to the UK and when I arrive in the UK I’ll be looking to set up a company there again taking advantage of the high labour costs in the UK with the possibility of 5-10 jobs in the future. I do plan to retire in Spain, it’s too cold and wet in Blighty. Anything else?

Junkyard
    Free Member

May I ask where you plan to retire to are you staying in Spain or heading back here after not paying taxes for many years to the UK.

wont have paid enough NI but will get income based benefits

When are you going to learn that people who have different views to you are not fools?

i think he can say this on this issue tbh.
    Loads of folk have ranted [ not you DS you have been your usual reasonable self 😉 ]about not wanting to pay, bailing folk out etc This it is not the case for teachers pensions for example – as is regonised by the audit office for example who actually said it was politically motivated.
    it is like TINA – there is no alternative – to cuts when the reality is if we get lower growth [ we are and the projected growthkeeps getting lowered] we could actually spend less and and owe more [% GDP] than if we spend more and get greater growth.

Drac

That’s fair dos DS, I respect anyone who was bold enough to do what you did and I can’t blame for wanting to stay there when retired. As you say much better weather for aching bones.

donsimon
    Free Member

personally ii have done work in both and I found [ generally] private sector workers in care to do less as they got paid less so would work less hard. if you pay me the minimum wage I will do the minimum for example.

But that’s a consequence of taking things to the extreme, reduce the profit slightly and pay more or improve conditions and productivity will increase. I’ve worked in numerous environments and those that pay peanuts generally do get peanuts, they produce the crap that satisfies the demand for all those “Who is the cheapest supplier?” threads I see here. 😉

CaptJon
    Free Member

Pensions are deferred pay. The govt are seeking to cut that (deferred) pay while asking employees to contribute more of their pay to the pension, extending the period they have to work before they can have the pension.. oh, and that pension would be lower despite increased employee contributions. That is over and above the govt going back on the agreement made when people signed up to their pension, and the fact many pensions were ‘reformed’ (ha ha!) under the last govt.

I’m in the UCU and using their calculator i will be £77 a month worse off if the govt get their way (that’s not going to be good for the economy). I’d also lose over £200,000 over the life of the scheme, reducing what i’d get when i retire (which i fully expect to be in 41 years time when i’m 70).

To recap:

Lower employer contributions
    Higher employee contributions
    Less pension
    Working longer
    Reneging on the agreement made

I’ll be on the picket line on the 30th.

donsimon
    Free Member

As you say much better weather for aching bones.

And the girls are prettier. 😈

It has to be said that there is respect for what you do too, I am not unaware of the sacrifices that you have made in your choice of work.

Have a good ‘un. 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘General strike.’ is closed to new replies.