Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Gastonbury coverage – your favourite?
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

For me it had to be the chemical brothers set – the light show looked phenomenal! And the tracks played out on tv were awesome, only set that really made me think I should have thought about going

loddrik
    Free Member

Omar Souleyman and The Streets were pretty good.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Primal Scream!

flipiddy
    Free Member

Janelle Monáe was pretty mental! Chems were also epic…

handily both of them are in this iPlayer episode, as long as you can put up with the two muppets presenting…

Clicky

lowey

Janelle Mona. She was awesome.

CountZero

I’ve got a bunch of stuff recorded but not watched yet, but I’m automatically predisposed towards Elbow, purely because they’re one of my favourite bands, but I’m looking forward to QOTSA as well.

stanfree
    Free Member

The Eels were excellent. 8)

billysugger
    Free Member

Janelle Monae was top class.

Elbow’s reverse wave was pretty cool in the middle of a cool set

grum
    Free Member

Primal Scream looked like the main one I would have liked to see.

vegasdave
    Free Member

QOTSA for me.

Kato

QOTSA

Kato

nice one vegasdave!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjvZhgdFx8w[/video]

M6TTF
    Free Member

Yup QOTSA were superb – and janelle monae was great, even though it’s not my thing, that girl has talent!

Sawyer
    Free Member

Gonna watch QOTSA later. Only other act I was really interested in were Wu Tang. They were ok.

billybob
    Free Member

Janelle Monáe + loads

& QOTSA…

john_drummer
    Free Member

QOTSA – shame the coverage only stretched to 4 songs

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Fern Cotton

singletrackhor
    Free Member

Wasnt impressed with anything this year although at a push id say primal scream and it was great watching bb king. The presenters bigging every artist up was annoying as funk.

duckman

The scream, end of thread.

toby1

Please don’t mention those loathsome miserable ba$tards on here (PS) never have and hopefuly never will hate a gig as much ever again.

I thought Glastonbury was just a massive ball of hype this year so managed to dodge pretty much all of it!

grum
    Free Member

The presenters bigging every artist up was annoying as funk.

This.

I saw Ed Sheeran do a Dylan cover, and his guitar was painfully out of tune throughout – afterwards the sycophantic presenters just went on about how beautiful it was. 😕

bikebouy
    Free Member

Paulo Nutini
    Kool and the Gang

You lot are too angsty maaannnnnnn..

Oh and

Bayonce

joao3v16
    Free Member

buoyancy or whatever her name is… just another pop princess dancing in her knickers… yawn

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I wanted to like Kool and the Gang, but as only their very early material was better than dross, it was difficult.

bikebouy
    Free Member

K&tG were, for me, just a trip down memory lane maaannnn, but I’ve always loved the funk.

Bayonce, I was desperatly trying to find an “ambivalent/sarcastic” smilie, but couldn’t find one.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Paul Simon’s bemused response to the usual variation on the cringing “Please say something nice about us/the festival/the UK because we’re still suffering from the loss of Empire and we need American approval for everything we do” syndrome from Jo Whiley and the prat from Oop Nerth…

duckman

toby1 – Member
    Please don’t mention those loathsome miserable ba$tards on here (PS) never have and hopefuly never will hate a gig as much ever again.

Primal Scream Primal Scream Primal Scream Primal Scream.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

I saw Ed Sheeran do a Dylan cover

he had a broken string, that’ll have thrown it out a bit especially if he was fishing around for notes to compensate.

Chemicals for the light show/graphics and Elbow for getting the audience going.

worst – Pendulum, utter utter tosh

elliptic
    Free Member

Primal Scream were indeed epic on a miserable wet night, Bobby Gillespie gave it absolutely everything, crowd dancing happily in the mud and rain.

I’m sure the Chems looked impressive on TV but I actually got a bit bored after half an hour and went round the corner to see Lee Scratch Perry on the Glade stage, who was terrific (bonkers as ever).

And Jah Wobble on Sunday afternoon at West Holts, the TV cameras were there but dunno if it was actually broadcast.

Oh, and I still got to go home to a hot bath and bed every night 🙂 well except for Saturday, but…

DezB
    Free Member

Didn’t catch much of it, but I did see some U2 and Coldplay.
    Oh, how could I possibly pick a favourite from those two?*

*I’m being sarcastic in case you wondered.

A proper festival lineup for 2011 – http://www.laroutedurock.com/

grum
    Free Member

he had a broken string, that’ll have thrown it out a bit especially if he was fishing around for notes to compensate.

Still pretty poor though for a ‘pro’. Did he not have a spare guitar anyway?

Agree on Pendulum – awful.

Ringo
    Free Member

I was there chemicals were fookin ace , I was wasted though and the lasers were great

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

thinking of going to see them at wireless festival, plus Aphex twin is playing

i wouldn’t be wasted though, allegedly.

monkfish
    Free Member

janelle monae
    aloe blacc
    Mumford & sons
    Elbow

Ringo
    Free Member

Oh yeah elbow were real good

muddy@rseguy

The Wombles…Still keepin it real after all these years 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

thinking of going to see them at wireless festival, plus Aphex twin is playing

I’m going to this… Come to Daddy, come come to Daddy… scary stuff! 😀

rewski
    Free Member

was tame impala featured anywhere on TV? saw them earlier in the week at the roundhouse, very good.

DezB
    Free Member

was tame impala featured anywhere on TV?

What? With all those hours of Coldplay/U2/Elbow/Beyonce to entertain us with?

jimster
    Free Member

Favourite artist over the weekend was Elbow, Guy Garvey was so relaxed about it all and really seemed to enjoy the moment.

Biggest disappointment, U2, dunno what happened to Bonio he just didn’t seem to get the crowd going at all. As for him needing an autoprompt, he wrote the f******g songs for pities sake!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Gastonbury coverage – your favourite?’ is closed to new replies.