Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • gas cookers
  • iDave
    Free Member

had enough of electric hob, want a gas hob and fan oven. can i run a normal gas cooker off bottled as opposed to mains gas without modifying it?

trail_rat
    Free Member

we did in africa ….. safe or not im no sure but it can be done !

dropoff

Generally a new hob will come with a seperate set of jets for converting to burn LPG.

kimbers

having just purchased a gas hob earlier today………

depending on the model some specify they can run off lpg or not

if you go to the currys website it tells you which ones do

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

*Kaaaaaaaaa…….BOOM*

K

Yep, just check it comes with the jets to run on LPG.

totalshell

specify when you buy that you want lpg not natural gas and it should nt cost any more. if you run the wrong jets the thing wont stay alight.. not sure about how ‘ legal’ it would be running a fixed appliance ( hob) on a tempoary source ie gas canister.. and where would you keep the canister under the sink?

gonefishin
    Free Member

can i run a normal gas cooker off bottled as opposed to mains gas without modifying it?

A Methane burner on Propane? Well it might work but i wouldn’t recommend it. There are plenty of people that I know who run gas hobs off Propane so it is certainly possible provided you get the correct burners. Mains gas would be much cheaper though if it is available.

bassspine
    Free Member

I ran a normal gas cooker off propane for a few years with no alterations, just used my normal regulator off my welding kit. No problems whatsoever.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘gas cookers’ is closed to new replies.