Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Garmin 800 uploading route problems
  • Andy-W
    Free Member

Had mine for a while and its always worked fine
    The other week it turned off mid ride while following a course i got from the Garmin Connect site, it then re started and got me to the end of the course

Now when i plan a route on bikehike like i have done loads of times before without any probs…i hit the button to sent it to the Garmin and it never shows up in the course section on the 800

I have found the files in the NewFiles folder on the unit but thats as far as they get

any ideas ??

Cheers

Andy

100mphplus
    Free Member

I’ve had that problem too? I’m not sure if it will only show a limited number of courses (4 or 5) as I deleted some superfluous routes from the 800 folder and the one’s I wanted then appeared ❗

Andy-W
    Free Member

cheers,, will give that a try but i am sure in the past i have had lots more routes saved on the 800

i see on the garmin forums people talking about corrupted files , but all that sort of stuff is a bit too tech for me

hugor
    Free Member

I have the 705 rather than the 800 but have encountered similar problems when using the memory map software.
    I would suggest downloading the file off whatever site you like then sending it to your garmin using Garmin Training centre.
    Sometimes you have to convert the file from a gpx to tcx to do this.
    There are lots of free programs to do this.
    Here’s one.
    TCX converter

Andy-W
    Free Member

cheers thanks for that,

I have used http://www.bikehike loads of times without any probs at all,,just a bit strange its just started doing this

i am waiting on a reply from the garmin help people,

Andy-W
    Free Member

i can load up from the garmin connect and garmin basecamp fine
    but not any of the sites like bike hike or any other route file i find online

the guy on the garmin help desc says its nothing wrong with the 800 it has to be a problem with the files i am trying to load up from the non garmin websites

think i may try a full reset to see if that helps me out

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 800 uploading route problems’ is closed to new replies.