Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Gagging to ride
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Not ridden since New Years day due to Man-flu, been off work and still not better, but I don’t think I’ll be able to stay in this weekend.
    So what’s that…six days and I’m pulling my hair out. Reason says I shouldn’t turn a wheel until I’m well, but I’m going to risk it anyway.
    A good dose of cough mixture, some paracetamol and an olbas oil soaked Buff should do it 😐
    I only post this tripe to see if it’s normal behaviour amongst us lot.

ds3000
    Free Member

I wouldn’t if I were you – get yourself right. 😯

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Gently does it please – just a slow pootle

chiefgrooveguru

The last time I went cycling before I was fully recovered from manflu I broke my ankle…

bigbob38
    Free Member

I had some of this man flu – went down on 17th Dec and just starting to get better.
    Kept riding – a mate didn’t, I am fit(ish) and he is buggered 😯

Do what feels right, not too much or to little

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I’ve not ridden this year because of manflu. Hoping to get out tomorrow though as I’m over the worst now 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

The last time I went cycling before I was fully recovered from manflu I broke my ankle…

Wow that must have been some sneeze 🙂

senorj

Same here.
    Back on early shift this week and working the weekend.asscheeks!
    Starting to develope a twitch or mild depression at least due to the lack of a decent ride.
    January is the worst month for me to maintain motivation too. 🙁
    I’m going for the gentle pootle option & maybe a brandy after.

beej

Since New Years Eve for me. Starting to feel OK apart from my throat still being sore. I also managed to throw in a neck/back spasm on NYE too, just to add to the fun.

I might have a pootle today, or maybe a gentle spin on the turbo.

climbingcragrat
    Free Member

You should try living in Fife. I have not been out for a month due to the snow + ice combo. Tried but keen falling off so will have to wait for a proper thaw…

oldgit
    Free Member

Can’t wait any longer, I’m off out Sunday. Taking the mountainbike to keep things steady.
    Nice forty minute ride to the trails followed by a steady 2 1/2 hours xc’ing around Woburn before coming home.
    Loading up on lemons and cough mixture tonight.

Smoke me a kipper I’ll be home for tea.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Gagging to ride’ is closed to new replies.