• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Full screen Poker adverts? Really?
  • V8_shin_print
    Free Member

I didn't think it was possible to get more adverts on to this forum but i guess they found a way.

I'm actually hoping the site has been hacked rather this being deliberate…

EDIT: d'oh! wrong section!

AndyP
    Free Member

there are ads on this forum? etc…

sofatester
    Free Member

What ads?

defaultslipper
    Free Member

get yourself some firefox (and NoScript) and block the adverts you dont like. just for balance, i understand the need for advertising, but i only let through the adverts that have some relation to biking on this site. if i wanted to play poker, i know plenty of other places i can go for that.

i come here for a balanced and reasonable approach to biking related topics 😉

WackoAK
    Free Member

Full screen poker ads?? I think you may hve been looking a dodgy sites and had the browser hijacked….

singletrackmatt

We have no poker adverts fact. We just don't.If you do see one gan yopu please screen grab and email me at matt@singletrackworld.com

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

i am using firefox, is NoScript a setting or a plugin?

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Do you work with monkey_boy?

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

ok, thanks for that Matt, i'll have a clear up, it is obviously me not STW. If I find the cause I'll post back.

cheers
    Mark

skidartist
    Free Member

Do you work with monkey_boy?

I knew it!

defaultslipper
    Free Member

i am using firefox, is NoScript a setting or a plugin?

add-on available through mozilla's page, here's the link:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722

very easy to use, it blocks all the ads and then you select which ones you want to let work. blocks all java links on pages aswell so takes a bit of time to set up as you re-visit all your regular sites.

makes pages load quicker and blocks the unwanted bits on yer webpages. i think trhere might be a similar program called greasemonkey, but looks harder to use. im no computer genious, but noscript does everything i need easily

theflatboy
    Free Member

doesn't sound like it's anything to do with the site, though – sounds like you need a decent adware scan done pronto and to get some better security.

Drac

Errr Defaultslipper best you read the forum rules.

We ASK that you don’t act to remove the ads.. But it is just a request. But we WILL remove threads that promote the removal of the ads on our site and we WILL ban permanently any repeat offenders.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Full screen Poker adverts? Really?’ is closed to new replies.