• This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by gee.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • FSA K FORCE CARBON CRANKS – USERS/OPINIONS?
  • GeeWavetree
    Free Member

http://www.on-one-shop.co.uk/acatalog/info_3_CSFSMEKFATB170443222.html

Anyone have them? worth £180? anything cheaper and similar weight? how resilient are they to rocks etc? what are the rings like?

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

iv heard really good things about them. and what a fantastic saveing!

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

sorry double post (blame the computer)

grtdkad

I have run an FSA Carbon crank set for a couple of years without any problems at all, plenty miles on them 10/10 😀

Have recently bought a second set for my new build – really can't fault them and a very good price.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I've got the BB30 version on my Whyte 19 Ti SS, I wish I could have got it for that price 😥

They seem pretty tough.

grtdkad

That looks vaaary niice!

gee
    Free Member

The pedal inserts come out.

I bought 2 sets from On-One, one has already gone back after only 12 rides, I'm waiting on the other to go now…

They have a bit of a reputation amongst the racing fraternity as being "warranty specials" I'm afraid.

GB

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I've broken two sets with the pedal thread insert loosening. Both replaced without question under warranty. Great cranks as long as they keep replacing them. Last set lasted just as long as it took for the rings to wear out. Perfect timing 😀

whytetrash

3yr old set here going strong…look scruffy mind! rings lasted 18months on middleburn hardcotes now seem to be bearing up well, original bb lasted 12months so not bad…I'd be getting another set as think they are way pimpier than XTR :wink:…does the 170mm length make much difference though? anybody used both 170 and 175 and noticed?

njee20
    Free Member

A few people who have bought them from On-One have reported them as weighing far more than claimed. If that bothers you.

0091paddy
    Free Member

Mate has raced xc on those for years. Shame the bottom bracket last about a week..

gee
    Free Member

I have used 170 and 175. I prefer 170s I find the shorter cranks better for spinning. Plus they have more ground clearance and my knees don't come up as far as they did with 175. I now have 170 on everything apart from the singlespeed – leverage!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘FSA K FORCE CARBON CRANKS – USERS/OPINIONS?’ is closed to new replies.