Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Freeview / Co-Axial cable advice needed…
  • the-muffin-man

I have an existing Freeview ariel with a cable running to one room. I would like to run another cable from this ariel to another room but don’t want to go up to the ariel itself as it very high up and not easy to reach (and I’m scared of heights!).

Is there such a thing as a co-axial junction box so I can split the exiting cable at a lower level (outside preferable) and then run two or three cables to two more rooms?

Ta!

Drac

Yup there is I have one in my loft it was on when I moved in though. Uplink is the man for aerials and sat dish questions.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Splitters or junction boxes are readily available but you will reduce the signal going to each set plus each length of coax can act as a quarter wave stub filter at a frequency related to the multuiple of its length which may end up being a frequency that your TV channel is being broadcast on. An amplified distribution box as close to the aerial as possible is the best way around it.

ton

a 3 way external splitter will cost you about a tenner.

Cougar

Though bizarrely, you might also need a gender changer. (I did when I bought one a while back.)

ton

a 3 way external splitter will fasten to the wall or under the eves.
    your aerial cable runs in one port, and it has 3 exit ports to run to other rooms.
    i can sell you one and a drum of coax cable for about £25 delivered.

the-muffin-man

Cheers Ton – I’ll be in touch at the end of next week when I get paid!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Freeview / Co-Axial cable advice needed…’ is closed to new replies.