Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Freecaster pricing for worlds
  • AlexSimon

14.99 Euros!

It’s a real shame they don’t break it down into events.
    I’d be quite happy to pay £3 or £4 to watch the men’s DH live or a couple of £ to watch the replay.

Watching it elsewhere without Rob Warner’s ‘enthusiasm’ isn’t quite the same.

GW
    Free Member

where else can you watch it?

GW
    Free Member

oh.. and agree about Warner, whitely ruined the last one he wasn’t at for me.

alexxx
    Free Member

Champery obviously? see you on the trackside!

GW
    Free Member

I’d always rather watch WC DH on a screen. stood at the side of one tiny section of DH track all day you might as well get a job marshalling 😉

AlexSimon

The World Cups have been on Eurosport, but I don’t know about the Champs.
    Edit: checked on eurosport TV guide – no sign of it.

alexxx
    Free Member

You do have the ability to walk around you know which is why Marshalling sucks if you get a pap spot! Also it’d be rude not to as its only down the road from me – I’ll take a STW banner for you all 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

Would happily pay it if I wasn’t away riding next weekend.

Does it help if you regard it as subsidising the World Cup season, if you’ve enjoyed watching those?

Slight hijack – anyone watching it in the Dumfries area and want a guest to share the cost?

nonk
    Free Member

i reckon i will pay it to be honest, i think the the rights are up for the coverage at the end of the year so if you want warner and co next year get your wallet out.

AlexSimon

Does it help if you regard it as subsidising the World Cup season, if you’ve enjoyed watching those?

That’s a fair point.

orena45

nonk – Member
    i think the the rights are up for the coverage at the end of the year so if you want warner and co next year get your wallet out

Damn right. Need 4300 more people to buy the pay-per-view pass this weekend if there is any chance of Freecaster showing anything next year according to ‘Ray’ @ Freecaster:

I keep reading that people would happily fund the coverage but to date for the worlds we have registered 700 pay per view passes, we need 5000 to cover costs…

If the coverage is to have a future on Freecaster it will be down to the fans and so far for the worlds I’m counting 700 not the thousands that one would expect are out there. So if you want to play an active role, buy your pass and get your friends to join. If we sell more than 5000 passes for the worlds, then maybe we can reassess the options for the future

From PinkBike comments here

chvck
    Free Member

I’d be quite happy to pay £3 or £4 to watch the men’s DH live

Get a couple of mates round and all chip in. Makes it cheaper and you can make it into a bit of a get to together.

Northwind

chakaping – Member

That’s how I’m looking at it- a very cheap season’s subscription, that they just forgot to ask for til after I’d seen it.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I just paid.

Coverage and transmission quality of the World Cup events from Freecaster has been superb this year. The 4x and DH race is going to be fantastic. I’m happy if my £13 helps pay Rob’s salary!

downgrade
    Free Member

Surprised at that number of only 700

Along with all the other goings on today, I’ve seen a couple of rumours that Freecaster are being asked for $100k by UCI to cover world cups next year – obviously no idea if there’s any truth in that

Northwind

Just to check a couple of details… It kicks off at 1pm our time, right? How long does the whole thing run for (ie does that 1pm start include hours of talking like Formula One?) Never watched it live before, just wondering how much of my day it’s going to eat.

GW
    Free Member

no but it does include the Womens 🙁

GW
    Free Member

Does anyone know? once you have your code, can you use it on more than one computer?

anto164
    Free Member

1pm will be when the riders start coming down the track.

anto164
    Free Member

Does anyone know? once you have your code, can you use it on more than one computer?

Dunno, email me your code, and we’ll have a look 😉

roddi18
    Free Member

There is no code. You can watch it on any computer as long as you log into your freecaster account. I would expect you can only log into your account from one computer at a time.
    I think it’s a bargain to be fair.
    The 4x last night was great.
    1pm will be when the womens start and the mens is 2pm according to warner last night

duntstick
    Free Member

XC men on in half an hour , but, as usual there are problems with the signal freezing/buffering and sound 😥

Shandy
    Free Member

Freecaster crashes constantly. I PPV sport all the time but I’m not forking out money for something that may or may not work.

Clink

I would pay to watch but all my freecaster experiences have been crap

sniff
    Free Member

change the quality if you get any issues. Currently watching scotland game and xc live – no issues 😕

duntstick
    Free Member
    GW
    Free Member

speedway? 😕

duntstick
    Free Member

It’s over now……………

chrismac

My understanding is that at the world cups the teams pay for the cost of the free caster transmission hence its all free to watch.

At the world champs because the riders are racing for their nation rather than their sponsors then the teams are not prepared to pay the cost hence why this one has a charge attached to it.

Happy to be told Im wrong but thats what I understand to be the case

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Freecaster pricing for worlds’ is closed to new replies.