Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Free pc clean up package
  • heresjonny
    Free Member

I was changing channels on my router and checking which one had the better speed rating. Whilst there i did a psp cleanup scan and it said I had over 3000 speed issues with windows, any other options other than paying them £20.
    Ta

dawson

Malware bytes and spybot would be my first ports of call

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

What’s a psp cleanup scan and where did you get it from? Something that mentions ‘Windows speed issues’ sounds dodgy as a dodgy thing, particularly if they’re asking for money to ‘fix’ them.

Take Dawson’s advice, and it’ll hopefully get rid of whatever is telling you that nonsense

wwaswas

and delete software you don’t use anymore and make sure you have most recent windows/java/etc installs done and delete old versions of Java etc.

cp

you probably have about 3000 cookies or temp internet files, and all that £20 will do is delete them, which is easy enough to do in your browser. [edit] then nag you for money in the future to run again.

running malware bytes and spybot as mentioned, defragging the hard drive, and if you’re getting close to maxing out the harddrive space, delete some files or get a new hdd and shift your docs/images/vids to it.

joao3v16
    Free Member

psp cleanup scan and it said I had over 3000 speed issues with windows

Run away! Run away!

There are loads of sites offering this kind of thing – download something for a free initial ‘scan’ that claims to find hundreds of problems that it can resolve … for a fee

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Hijackthis works well to..

Duffer
    Free Member

you probably have about 3000 cookies or temp internet files, and all that £20 will do is delete them, which is easy enough to do in your browser.

I agree. If there really were 3000 speed issues, then i reckon you’d notice windows being slow…

Download CCleaner (the free one is fine) and let it run through it’s “Cleaner” and “Registry” processes, and you’ll be ‘reet.

A defrag won’t hurt, either. If you don’t run them regularly, then it’ll take hours. The best bet is to set the machine up to run a defrag regularly. My machine boots up every wednesday at 0100, runs a defrag, and shuts down again.

spacemonkey

+1 Ccleaner – damn good for a freebie

Also check out ATF-Cleaner

z1ppy

another +1 to CCleaner, then or before hand run malware bytes and or spybot

woody2000

When you’re downloading CCleaner, get Defraggler too 🙂

http://www.piriform.com/products

paddy0091
    Free Member

+ another 1 for CCleaner.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Be aware that using Defraggler or any defrag software on SSD drives will shorten their lifespan

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Free pc clean up package’ is closed to new replies.