Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Fred Whitton, who is in?
  • rickee
    Free Member

My entry has been accepted, best start some proper training, anyone else entered

69er
    Free Member

I’ve never been in Fred.

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Yep, me to…….

mark85xc
    Free Member

Yep, first-timer, hoping to avoid puking my lungs up on the way up Hardknott and staying on the road on the way down!

cp

Didn’t get in 🙁

Lantern-Rouge
    Free Member

Didn’t get in 🙁

Ditto 🙁

play
    Free Member

I did it in 2008. It was the hardest ride I’ve ever done. Good luck guys.

frogrocket
    Free Member

Did it self timed in October.

It’s tough.

Enjoy!

rickee
    Free Member

It will be the 9th time I have done it, you would think I would have had enough but it is strangely addictive

warton
    Free Member

done the route, but started from Keswick, so Hardknott after 40 odd miles, not 85!

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Any pointers / pitfalls to avoid Rickee, this is my first time & I have never ridden more than 85 miles in a day, nevermind 112 & loads of climbing….

glenh
    Free Member

Nope, but I am doing the Etape du Dales instead, since it’s closer to home. Entries are still open for that…

rickee
    Free Member

Do plenty of winter training, get the long rides in and then build up the hills, get some low gears, a compact and a 27, start early on the day and don’t worry if you can’t ride Hardnot, many don’t and enjoy the scenery, it is in one of the most beautiful places in the country

seven
    Free Member

I’m doing Etape Caledonia that day, but have signed up for the White Rose Classic in June – 110 miles through the dales, but not such a big climb.

Enjoy

wool

No 🙁 again I only ever got in the once after applying over 6 times now A fantastic day out enjoy all

nammynake
    Free Member

Yes, I’m in. Never ridden more than about 70 miles before. It’s going to be a challenge (understatement of the year).

play
    Free Member

I think it’s more important to ride all the hills than to finish quickly. So pace yourself and stay on the bike.

smell_it
    Free Member

Was hoping to do it for the 7th time this year but didn’t get in, it’s usually a great day so all the best to those doing it you’ll have a blast!

radoggair
    Free Member

i’m in for a first time Fred virgin. Putting a 55/42 – 11-21 combo on………………………………
    NOT ( although not far off it)

Tiger6791

Hmmm I’m in!

Looks hard, but just how hard can mucking about on a bike be?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Yes, I’ve been accepted. Not sure whether Im going to do it yet though.

Dont be silly with the gears, 34/27 for me. You blaze past everybody on the climbs, especially those trying to grind hard gears and then falling off.

Dont use a triple though, thats just a cop out.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Got the Etape Caledonia that day so couldnt do it this year.

Probably the best weekend of domestic sportives in the whole year – The Fred, Bealach Na Ba and Etape Caledonia – unfortunately cant do them all!

terrahawk
    Free Member

it’s a right bastard.
    (and therefore ACE)

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Fred Whitton, who is in?’ is closed to new replies.