Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fox Shox – Expert Advice – Giant Anthem
  • ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Any experts out there who can tell me if the R on my 2009 Anthem X3 is specifically tuned to Giants spec or is it an 'off the shelf' supplied by Fox?

LoCo
    Free Member

Hi will probably have one of 3 compression tunes and one of 3 rebound tunes.
    Soft,med or hard compression and 1,2 or 3 rebound 'resistance'.
    What's the problem?
    What would you like it to do?
    How much do you weight?
    What type of riding do you do?

They're standard fox settings out the factory the manufacturer just chooses which tunes they want for their bike and order it. That's what they mean when they specifically tuned for the frame. Haven't been inside a 2010 shock yet but am guessing it's still the same deal.

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Looking at upgrading but just want to know the skinny before I commit to a 2010 shock from Mojo. They say they'll tune for my weight and specific bike.

Whyte1
    Free Member

TRANCE X
    😈

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

The shocks loads cheaper!!!

LoCo
    Free Member

You could get the 2009 serviced and custom tuned for your weight and bike.
    This would be custom internals for you. and cheaper than the 2010 upgrade.

Olly
    Free Member

as Loco says, if you look around the barrel of the shock, there is a small sticker close to the edge (where the shaft enters the body) with a red "bar chart" on one side, and a blue on on the other. this indicates which setting it is tuned to by fox before giant buy them.

i reckon mojo will be able to make a more specific setup for the anthem, as aposed to one of 9 combinations….?

chakaping
    Free Member

Somebody asked a similar question the other day and I replied…

Get it Pushed instead, it's probably cheaper than upgrading and will give a much better performance than swapping for a shock with propedal switch.

I got the Float R on my Trance 3 Pushed and was amazed at the improvement. It was more taut, more supple, more controlled and generally just lets me ride faster.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fox Shox – Expert Advice – Giant Anthem’ is closed to new replies.