Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 204 total)
  • Fox hunting on the trails!!!
  • atilla
    Free Member

Rode whites level at Afan today and had saw a guy on horseback with redcoat hat etc, didn’t think too much of it until we came round a corner on one of the downhills and had to stop for a pack of hounds!! I though the FC didn’t allow hunting on land they managed. Maybe it was just a practice- hope they told the fox.

gwaelod
    Free Member

Did you let the FC know….Banwen Hunt used to go above Rhigos and seen them hunting above Aberdare in the old days

Looks like the FC don’t mind

http://www.banwenminershunt.co.uk/

and on Tues 17th they were meeting at Cymmer so looks like it was them

http://www.banwenminershunt.co.uk/page3.htm

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Hmm, is it only hunting with dogs that banned? Could i chase foxes on my bike with my mates?

jonba
    Free Member

Maybe he was just going for a ride with his dogs?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hmm, is it only hunting with dogs that banned?

Not exactly, you can chase it with a pack of dogs, but can’t catch it, however 2 dogs (not 3) can as thats not hunting apparently.

Black and White really

brakes
    Free Member

Welsh foxes are fair game as they can damage the Welsh sex industry.
    Sheep.

mrmo
    Free Member

chase the fox with dogs, release eagle to kill the fox.

The law is a farce, but what do you expect from a bunch of knee jerk politicians.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Hunting with eagles sounds like a right laugh. Eagles and bikes killing foxes – could be awesome. Maybe thats a way for who ever it was to make money from the trails they build?

ruffrider

I saw a full blown hunt the other day on the South Downs, quite spectacular really. I was asked to wait until the hounds had gone past because they could chase me (that would make for a great dog rant post). I was talking to someone about it afterwards and apparently they use human runners who lay a scent trail. So maybe not such a bad thing perhaps.

wwaswas

they use human runners who lay a scent trail

One ‘went to ground’ in our local Starbucks once.

It was chaos.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

ruffrider – thats called a drag hunt.

it shows the massive hypocrisy of the hunters that they try to find ways round the ban on hunting with dogs rather than doing drag hunts. Drag hunts are no fun as they don’t get to kill things

BigJohn

The Quorn hunt now cannot use a real fox, so they have to use a meat substitute.

bren2709

Fight the Ban!!!!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What ban? 😈

martinhutch

Would leading a drag-hunt around Gisburn improve my lap times? Would certainly stop me dithering at the top of the stone bit on HomeBaked…

whytetrash

Drag hunt is a bit tight on those poor trannies, got enough to put up with already I reckon!

njee20
    Free Member

One ‘went to ground’ in our local Starbucks once.

It was chaos.

LOL!

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

find ways round the ban on hunting

No they don’t, they partake in legal forms of hunting.

For example, my regular hunt was a Beagle pack, we hunted hare’s on foot, this was banned, so we switched to hunting Rabbits, which is perfectly legal – we oraganised a powerpoint session for the hounds and everything, so we could explain to them that they were only allowed to hunt rabbits now.

thats not “finding ways round the ban” – its doing exactly what the law permits, whats your problem with that?

BoardinBob

whats your problem with that?

Probably terrorising defenceless animals then tearing them to shreds with a pack of dogs.

elzorillo
    Free Member

What I don’t understand is that the people who are opposed to hunting foxes will quite readily shovel meat down their neck from an animal that has seen nothing but cruelty for it’s whole tragic young life.

I’m not a fox hunter nore do I even know anyone who is, but I see most people who are against fox hunting simply following the pack (get the pun) to get a dig at the posh lot.

phil.w
    Free Member

What I don’t understand is that the people who are opposed to hunting foxes will quite readily shovel meat down their neck from an animal that has seen nothing but cruelty for it’s whole tragic young life

add to that the reason foxes numbers need to be controlled is to protect the animals that end up on said peoples plates.

atlaz
    Free Member

What about urban foxes. It’d give the fox a fair chance if the red coats were galloping through Tower Hamlets, Moss Side, Croxteth etc.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Probably terrorising defenceless animals then tearing them to shreads with a pack of dogs.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

we oraganised a powerpoint session for the hounds and everything, so we could explain to them that they were only allowed to hunt rabbits now.

PMSL!

BoardinBob

What I don’t understand is that the people who are opposed to hunting foxes will quite readily shovel meat down their neck from an animal that has seen nothing but cruelty for it’s whole tragic young life.

A semi valid point, and I’ve cut back my meat intake significantly as I am conflicted, however anything I do eat I make a point of ensuring it did have a good life. I can certainly guarantee that it wasn’t hunted and ripped to shreds.

julianwilson
    Free Member

slight hijack, but do we all know now that the sell off of great wood/bits of the Quantocks is actually about hunting? As in making it permissible on those bits? Other forms of access unlikely to change, but the concillor involved in the sell off is also a very big cheese in local hunting community.

With regard to the banwen miners hunt, word on the street forest road is that hunting plus working forestry/harvesting do not mix at all well, as in the latter is greatly screwed up by the former.

BoardinBob

I dislike scum that partake in such activities.

allthepies
    Free Member

however anything I do eat I make a point of ensuring it did have a good life

I’d imagine that given the choice the animal would prefer not to end up on your dinner plate.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I dislike scum that partake in such activities.

I, and a lot of other people have a problem with people slitting animals throats and letting them bleed to death without any form of stunning to reduce the pain incurred, purely because their big book of superstition and magic stories tells them that it the only acceptable way, but I’m told that we’re not allowed to ban that as we need to show tolerance towards peoples tradition, or ‘religion’ as they like to call it.

Am I allowed to call Moslems and Jews “Scum” because they do this?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I am against fox hunting for the simple reason it has no utlity. Its all about killing an animal in the most prolonged way for fun.,

Zulu and others apologists for this disgraceful thing will try to defend it

1) Hunts have no utility – they do not reduce the numbers of foxes indeed many hunts actually feed and protect foxes to ensure a supply of foxes for hunting. Zulu will attempt to deny this but it is proven time adn time again

there are not significantly more foxes in area with no hunting

2) the hunt is deliberately cruel. The hounds are deliberately bred to be no faster than a fox so the chase takes a long time – and how “good” a hunt is is dependent on having a good long chase. Its no fun to kill the fox quickly.

Dogs could be bred to be faster and catch a fox with no chase

Its a barbaric practice, and is indefensible by anyone with any shred of human decency. Its an affront to humanity.

“the unspeakable in pursuit of the inedible”

I am not against all forms of hunting shooting and fishing – but I abhor the deliberate cruelty of hunting with hounds.

BoardinBob

I, and a lot of other people have a problem with people slitting animals throats and letting them bleed to death without any form of stunning to reduce the pain incurred, purely because their big book of superstition and magic stories tells them that it the only acceptable way, but I’m told that we’re not allowed to ban that as we need to show tolerance towards peoples supersition, or ‘religion’ as they like to call it.

Am I allowed to call Moslems and Jews “Scum” because they do this?

This will only go one way so I’m going to bow out now and refrain from posting again on this thread.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Where do you stand on religious slaughter TJ?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The thread will now descend in to another, inevitably dull Big-Hitter-ARMAGEDDON thread, with countless posts all stating FACTS and then the pointless arguing and personal attacks will begin.

May as well close it now, Mods.

LoCo
    Free Member

Tj are you a vegetarian, not trolling just asking

wwaswas

what C_F said. I thought it has started quite well but it was only a matter of time…

phil.w
    Free Member

TJ – Do you agree or disagree that fox numbers need to be controlled?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

LoCo – Member

Tj are you a vegetarian, not trolling just asking

Meat is an occasional treat to me.

Cruelty in meat production is not deliberate and meat production has utility – the meat is eaten.

fox hunting is deliberatly cruel and most importantly has no utility.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Where do you stand on religious slaughter TJ? 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

phil.w – Member

TJ – Do you agree or disagree that fox numbers need to be controlled?

Its very much disputed – but even if it did they hunts do not control fox numbers – they ensure a supply of foxes for hunting by feeding them and buy creating artificial earths and if you wiped out all the foxes in a hunts area the hunt would be annoyed as they would have no prey left.

LoCo
    Free Member

Ok just asking, yes hunting foxes is a very inefficient way of controling them if it is deemed necessary.

I’m not sure that management of hunts includes creation of sets for the them and effectivly breeding them for ‘sport’ in a similar way to game birds are managed is acctually correct TJ, it’s certainly not something I have ever come across in my past career working in the countryside

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 204 total)

The topic ‘Fox hunting on the trails!!!’ is closed to new replies.