Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fox Float 36's on a Ragley Blue Pig??
  • MurrayWatson
    Free Member

Can anyone help please as advice is conflicting.

Can I put a set of Fox Floats 160mm onto my Ragley Blue Pig without voiding the frame warranty and risking head tube failure and injury? The marketing info just says that the frame is optimised with a fork 130-150mm.

Also, is 160mm definitely the maximum rear disc rotor size on the Ragley Piglet?

Thanks, Murray

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Shove a soft spring in the fork so you get more sag. It will be fine. I did that on my 456ti until I could afford some s/h Pikes.

Mugboo

Just pop a 20 mm spacer in there. Very easy job.

As for the brake, no idea.

ojom
    Free Member

As per the email yesterday Murray it will be fine.

However your retailer CRC have offered you guidance as well about the ‘optimised’ travel for the design.

To stay within the best handling parameters go with 150mm but the 160 is not going to make the frame fail.

Yetiman
    Free Member

The 36’s are a good match for the pig frame if you ride a lot of rocky & rooty terrain. I had 36 Vans on mine for a while until I picked up a set of 150mm Revs which I’d hoped would be the ideal fork for the bike. Unfortunately, while the damping performance of the Revs was top notch I found them to be a bit ‘twangy’ when hammering through the really rocky stuff so they were sold and I fitted the 36 Floats off my other bike. The Pig doesn’t handle quite so well with the 160 fork so I will be reducing the travel of the Floats to 150mm, or maybe even 140mm, to keep a similar BB height that I had with the Revs.

rotten
    Free Member

36 floats on my Blue Pig. Awesome combo if you ask me.

scruff
    Free Member

I had Lyrik u-turns on mine, left em at 140 normally but was fun on rocks wound out to 160.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fox Float 36's on a Ragley Blue Pig??’ is closed to new replies.