Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fox FIT Upgrade…worth it?
  • nuke

As per here…

http://www.mojo.co.uk/getfit.html

So for £199 including a service, my 2009 TALAS RL forks would be upgraded to TALAS RLC with FIT…worth the extra money over a standard service?

thv3
    Free Member

Also interested.

Planning on sending off my 2009 Van 36R in the new year to be upgraded to the Van RC2.

Will be due a service anyway so seems a no brainer.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

well as long as your forks are in good nick and you want to keep them for the next few years, its basically like having a new pair of forks….

im not keen on the low speed compression thing, its more faffing around thats why i like the RL’s, but ive heard the FIT damper is MUCH better than standard cartridge in the RL’s, no proof of this i have ridden on FITS and they seem alot more bump sensitive, which is pretty neat..

that said my rl’s are a hell of lot more plusher and generally smoother than my old 09’s rlc’s without Fit cartridge…

if a service is £100 at mojo or there abouts, then its defo worth it, even as a resale point of view for the future if its still on offer in a few months i may consider it..

nuke

Thanks for that. TBH I’ve been very impressed with my Fox Talas forks as it is over my RS forks so I did wonder if it would be worth it but sounds like it is.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Doesn’t the FIT cartridge also save some weight? OK not much but it might be another reason to have it done.

I have the FLoat RLCs and the low speed compression is something i do make use of and benefit from. I don’t use the lockout though.

nuke

Yeah, bit of a weight saving is also a good thing.

Also, from reading another thread and if I understand correctly, more oil goes in a FIT leg so there is more oil to lubricate which has got to be good with Fox forks and their reputation for stanchion wear.

nasher
    Free Member

Go for it

I have used the R cartridge’s in my bikes, but when I got the new 2011 RC2 inverted damper the fork was totally transformed, much more controlled, no spiking…

Remember they will service, touch up the paint and new stickers… so a said a new pair of forks…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fox FIT Upgrade…worth it?’ is closed to new replies.