Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Formula Brake warranty?
  • mactheknife

Hi guys, i have recently purchased a set of formula one brakes and after fitting i have realised that the front caliper is leaking oil.

I have contacted the seller but while i wait for a reply does anybody know who deals with formuls brake warranty claims in the UK.

Google is not helping much.

Thanks

4ndyB
    Free Member
    druidh
    Free Member

As ever, your warranty is with the retailer.

UK distributor used to be Propel, but I’m sure that changed a while back.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You legal rights are in relation to the retailer. Warranty is discretionary and on top of your legal rights.

Do not deal with anyone but the retailer – and do not accept being fobbed off.

Rob_514
    Free Member

As Andy pointed out the UK distributer is Silverfish. Nice guys they might be able to help you out.

mactheknife

emails sent, thanks guys. 😀

rewski
    Free Member

I didnt even get a reply from Italy, that was before silverfish took over. My lever bolts kept coming loose. Great brakes otherwise.

dans160
    Free Member

Where are they leaking oil from e.g. the hose, the banjo joint, the pistons etc? I maybe just a case of doing something up?

julianwilson
    Free Member

Warranty is with retailer, and Silverfish will ask you to go through the shop first. Mixed opinions of them spouted on here, but fwiw they were (well actually Raul was) excellent when mine went wrong (first straight out of the box, second a few rides later) -I got to deal with them direct because my ‘retailer’ was Formula in Italy who drirected me to silverfish.

mactheknife

Oil is leaking straight from the caliper internal onto the pads and rotor.

I called my LBS for advice as they fitted them and they reckon it is a seal in the caliper. No biggie, seller has replied. Getting there 😀

Its just one of those things and hopefully will be sorted soon.

Also i didnt buy from a shop but from an Ebay seller (shop) in France. But he has over 8000 positive ratings so although it was a gamble i thought it was worth the risk.

druidh
    Free Member

You bought them from France but you expect the UK Distributor to sort it out for you.

You don’t see anything fundamentally wrong with this?

mactheknife

No i dont expect the UK distributor to sort it for me, as i said i have contacted the seller about how i go about getting brand new brakes fixed through warranty. If that was not going to work out i wanted to know who dealt with it in the UK and i would happily pay to have them repaired. i certainly do not expect them to fix them for free.

What is wrong with that??

dans160
    Free Member

I have also bought from the same seller. Excellent service. I’m sure you will be fine.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Formula Brake warranty?’ is closed to new replies.