Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Forks for hustler
  • bazzer
    Free Member

I have recently bought a Cove Hustler frame with the view of striping my Patriot and building it up with the parts.

Patriot has a set RS coil Lyriks fitted, which are probably a bit of an overkill for the Hustler and I am trying to build this bike a little lighter. So what do you hustler owners have fitted.

I am thinking RS revelation, RS pike or Fox 32 of some description. Leaning towards RS as I can service them myself and have pikes on the other bike so can keep common spares etc.

What are the main differences between revs and pikes these day now revs can be had with a Maxle (which I want)

Bazzer

julianwilson
    Free Member

you may find coil pikes weigh almost as much as your coil lyrik, mine certainly did!

In answer to your quiestion, air revs weigh much less than but share many spares with your pike. A bit less ‘built’ in the crown/steerer area than pikes but I find my mates 140mm air u-turn maxle rev almost indistinguishable in use from his old pike (coil) and my last 2 pikes (also both coil). Air u-turn is a bit more of a faff to service at home than dual air or coil, but you don’t hear the complaints on here like you did about the old 2-step air spring.

A mate has a coil lyrik on his huster and it is a truly hilarious bike to ride (in a really really good way 🙂 ). It even climbs ok with the fork at 160mm.

A hustler is a pretty burly and heavy frame, you will have to throw quite a bit of money at it to get it really light in weight, light fork or not. If it was mine I would keep the lyrik at 140mm except for longer downhills and just enjoy it whatever it weighs, you can always save a heap of weight in rims, tyres and tubes (or lack of) and keep the performance of your lyrik for fun bits. Bear in mind how much you will lose trying to sell your lyric and get a new fork.

bazzer
    Free Member

Got some coil Pikes on my Cotic and love them, but they are 5lb in weight, I think the Revs are getting on for a 1 1/2lb lighter.

Yep good point, when I say light, if its 30lb I will be happy. The Patriot with coil shock and Gravity dropper etc, is probably getting on for 35lb

Rims are Hope hoops which are tubeless ready with strips. I gave it a go with tubeless with XC tyres as kept putting holes in them. I run tubeless on the downhill bike on 829’s with dual ply High Rollers or Minions and that works great never had a puncture (front rolled of rim due to low pressure once but thats it)

Bazzer

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

I run an air Pike (swapped from a 426 Rev)and 130-140mm seems bob on. Isn’t the fork 150mm max for warranty (as per Silverfish)? Although Cove state 130mm max with a 9mm axle. So if its maxle whats the max? Confusing!

liquid1000
    Free Member

I run revelations dual air on mine never felt underforked :0)

ScotchNip
    Free Member

I’ve got RS Revelation Team Dual Airs on mine, though I put a spacer in to make them 140mm rather than 150mm and they seem spot on.

My bike comes in just over 30lb but building a lightweight machine was never the objective with a Hustler.

Hope you enjoy the bike, every time I ride mine I fall in love with it a little bit more!

bazzer
    Free Member

Yep the max fork length is confusing, but I think they basicaly say the max axle to crown is 520mm.

I think the latest Revs are 518mm

Is it me or have Revs increased in price loads over the last couple of years !!!

carbon337
    Free Member

bazzer – ive replied to your classified – you have no email in your profile.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Forks for hustler’ is closed to new replies.