• This topic has 86 replies, 62 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by nikk.
Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • forestry commission thug…?
  • redthunder
    Free Member

I’ve added a post to Wentwood Cycling Assocoiation. Tom will probably pin it to the top for a while.

http://www.wentwooddownhill.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1132

Anyone got a copy of this vid of Nick Ryder?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Nick Ryder formerly of Ryders bike shop?

wdh
    Free Member

I’m Tom from Wentwood Downhill that red thunder linked to above, my comment is on the link above but I’ll post it here as well

Thanks for posting that up. To make a proper response I would need to see the un edited version of the video. He made a valid question but perhaps didn’t go about asking it in the best way. FC respond best to e-mails phone calls and planned meetings, asking the workers direct is not going to result in the action you want but likely to result in arguments like in this video. Also the guy was a contractor so clearly has no tolerance for someone telling him how to do his job. Although I don’t agree with the riders way of confronting the FC I definetly don’t agree with the reaction he recieved, especially after Ive met many FC workers all who seen very down to earth and easy to speak to. In my view it definetly sent the wrong image to the wider community. I’d advise if riders had issues that they contacted me first and I can bring it up with the relevant people. Hopefully this doesn’t have an effect on riders wanting to come to wentwood as its a great place to visit.

neninja
    Free Member

Forestry Commission announce investigation into ‘assault’ video

I hope some forestry workers aren’t going to lose their jobs because of a smart arse with a video camera who wants to show everyone how clever he is.

redthunder
    Free Member

Anyone got a copy of this vid of Nick Ryder?

From the earlier links the profile name is “Nick Ryder”, could be anyone. This was the profile name of the deleted vid.

This one:
    http://82.197.69.8/rydersmtb/

Still would like to see the full video before I make my own conclusions.

nikk
    Free Member

Both the mountain biker and the contractor were interviewed about the incident, which happened on a live harvesting site where appropriate closure signs were in place.

Both parties acknowledged an element of fault and regretted that the incident took place, and neither wished to pursue the matter further.

All’s well that ends well.

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘forestry commission thug…?’ is closed to new replies.