Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Following on from that thread on how a road bike should fit….
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

I was hoping someone could ensure my logic is sane before I splash 2k on a Canyon.

Currently running a medium planet x SL Pro Carbon with a HA of 72.5, SA of 73.3, reach of 385 and an effective top tube of 547. I’m running this with a layback post and 90mm stem.

New bike in small canyon Ultimate CF has same Head and seat tube angle, but has a effective tt of 537, and reach of 375

With the same layback post and by getting a 100m stem will the fit be pretty much exactly the same, or am I not taking something into consideration?

other option is the medium, but I’d rather size down than up and 56 seems like a big frame.

john_l
    Free Member

The “56” doesn’t seem to have any relevance to the sizing. The medium is only 2mm longer than your PX . If your buyi g the full bike, think about the crank length too – medium is 172.5 vs 170 for the small.

How tall are you?

ac282

What is the stack height?
    Are you using the same bars?

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Some spec on that Canyon!!!

The wheels & groupset alone are about £2k worth….. 😯

40mpg

Slight hijack – can someone point me in the direction of the original thread (I’ve searched but cant find). After some DIY bike fit guidance 😀

crikey
    Free Member

Despite the often repeated idea that road bike fitting is amazingly important, you don’t have to exactly replicate your current position; you are adaptable and can cope with some changes.

Your position can and will change over time anyway.

lilchris
    Free Member
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Following on from that thread on how a road bike should fit….’ is closed to new replies.