Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • FoD Verderers Trail
  • scruff
    Free Member

I think the shop and cafe could be a gold mine with small changes

DONT DO IT.

FOD is loveley, its like Canock Chase was 10 years ago, all smailes ands not many Audis nor Angry Muppits.

psling
    Free Member

Hey, both the DTV [and the FoDCA before them] and the RDFCC do a lot of good work in the FoD; it’s not a contest to see who does most / best!
    ALL work done in the area is appreciated by a LOT of people (well MTBers anyway, not sure about the vurreners with their dogs!)

MrsToast
    Free Member

I really want to go to the FoD for a weekend, not sure where to stay though. Most of the self catering places are a minimum of 3 nights, and the B&Bs that welcome dogs welcome “Well behaved dogs”. Not sure whether Benny will be well behaved or not, he’s lovely at home, and lovely at the in-laws, but he was a bit shouty the night we stayed at my mother’s.

Are those Wigwam/Pods warm in winter? I know they say they are, but I’m a precious flower!

mattsccm
    Free Member

Maybe look at Whitemead park, the CSMA place in Parkend. As well as camping they have chalets and other things. Fountain Pub in next door has a bunkhouse and better beer.cant comment on details as I live 1/2 miles though the woods.

BigJohn

Mrs BigJohn and I stayed at the pub B&B next door to Psling a few years ago and Peter was kind enough to take us round some of the lovely trails.

That was an excellent couple of days

:Waves to Peter:

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Those Wigwams are not cheap.Very warm though.

Problem with digging and setting up the trails you do all the work and get nothing but criticism from Knob heads with all the gear and no idea.
    hay Ho.

widge34
    Free Member

If any of you Guys visit the FOD I’m happy to show you some local trails.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘FoD Verderers Trail’ is closed to new replies.