Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Flying to Edinburgh… Silly Question…
  • mboy
    Free Member

Got to get to Edinburgh from Birmingham on Saturday, was going to fly as it’s about half the price of the train and much quicker…

Now I know you never used to have to have a passport for internal flights, but what about these days? Only thing is, I lost mine last year, and never got round to applying for a new one cos I’m forgetful! Can I still get away with just showing my driving license for an internal UK flight?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I think the the passport for an internal flight rule is set by he airlines – phone them

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

IIRC its photo ID needed

eckinspain
    Free Member

The airline will most likely insist on some photo ID for the flight.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yeah photo ID – driving licence is OK too, your Gala Bingo card may not be.

scottw
    Free Member

Ryanair require a passport for uk flights, so check with whichever airline you plan to book with first. (Ryanair don’t fly from Birmingham to Edinburgh, so that’s a good start. But i’m sure I’ve heard of some others doing the same, just not sure which.)

anjs
    Free Member

oh hope you have notified the Passport office about your loss

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Passports/Loststolenordamagedpassports/DG_174162

dab

If it’s flybe then drivers card is fine

lodious
    Free Member

Fly up to Edinburgh every week…you only need photo ID.

mboy
    Free Member

Cheers dab, that’s a big help…

Stuey01
    Free Member

I’ve been flying to Jersey from Gatwick and back every week for the last 5-6 weeks with Flybe and BA.

I am yet to be asked to show anyone any form of ID at any point in the process.

I do carry my passport, just in case.

Mintman
    Free Member

Flybe and easyjet are happy with photo drivers license in my experience

bensales
    Free Member

Yeah, I’ve been doing Flybe Birmingham to Edinburgh once a week for the last year and never used anything other than my driving licence.

Colleagues have even got on the other end using their staff photo id from our clients!

KT1973
    Free Member

When I fly Edinburgh LHW and vice-versa with BMI or BA I always have to show my passport

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Flying to Edinburgh… Silly Question…’ is closed to new replies.