Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Flood Pictures with Bikes?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Here are mine and a rider on a CX bike this morning. Peverse fun we had 😉 I followed suit but my mudguards made it hard work! – stuff now drying on the radiator at work – LOL – prob sewerage laden 🙁

allthepies
    Free Member

Christ on a Bike

😉

TPTcruiser

Noah way would I head into that!

foxyrider
    Free Member

LOL

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Hope you were wearing Lake shoes. Boom tish

D0NK

whats under the water? Tarmac bike path?

warpcow
    Free Member

An old one (from Spring this year). I gave up shortly after it was taken, as I’d completely lost track of what was field, path and 6m deep river. The next 4hrs riding weren’t too comfortable.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yeah its a was compacted grit path – probably not so compacted now!

LOL @ Lake shoes – the Crimbo jokes are in full swing 😉

jedi

the video i shot 6yrs ago was made from the 2nd days footage as the 1st day when it was fully flooded was over exposed.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgtRKj5dsuk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

foxyrider
    Free Member

Nice Vid Jedi – so all of that was flooded – blimey!

Gary_M
    Free Member

I went out a few years ago on my cx bike round the local country roads and tracks. I was about a mile from home and took the road with the ford across it. Its a short frossing of about 4 metres and was pretty deep, there’s a slight downhill before it so I hit it fast, got to the middle of the fast flowing river, stopped dead, bike got swept from under me, I fell into river and almost lost the bike. It was quite a scary moment.

Doh1Nut

A few months ago the highest tide of the year coincided with my ride home at 6pm
    The commute was from Kew bridge to teddington – it usually floods a little bit in Richmond on a fairly high tide, but this was a chunk higher

I rebuilt the bottom bracket that evening but the deore hubs were dry under the seals when I got round to them the week after.

Tow Path Commute

Nick

jedi

foxyrider, yeah it flash floods and all the ladders go over the water 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

Blimey NIck – you wouldn’t want to stray too far to your right!

yunki
    Free Member

Is that Newt ‘n’ Aboot Foxyrider..?

Doh1Nut

😀

I think it was the week that David Walliams was doing his swim – not really a surprise that he got ill.

To get an idea of depth it was a GoPro mounted on the top of a fork stanction, so the base of the camera was level with the lower headset race.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yeah Yunki – back cycle path to Newtn’ Scabbart 😉

beckykirk43
    Free Member

Core Doh1Nut that’s a lot of water! How did you know where the path ended and the canal started? 😛

This is far less impressive, more of a big puddle than a flood, and was 3 or 4 years ago now, but any-hoo:

Tracey

From a few years ago

theflatboy
    Free Member

dohnut, that’s amazing – the underwater bits are quite eerie. though the best bit is Dom stacking it on the kerb. 😆

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Jeez Nick! Just one question – what tyres for submarining?

Tracey – what’s going on there then?

gwaelod
    Free Member

Few years ago I saw a presentation by a bloke from Hereford and Worcester Fire brigade…there was a fire engine on a road, and there was a big puddle in front of it. Fireman at the edge of puddle with a stic poking at the bottom of the puddle. The fire engine never went that way as the man with a stick couldn’t touch the bottom.

the next picture was a couple of days later…water drained away and a huge 15ft hole is revealed under the puddle.

Tracey

It was on a local trail the day the big floods came. Thought it was a good idea at the time, did get quite a few odd looks

anto164
    Free Member

I wouldn’t want to ride through something that is deeper than hub depth.

Reeeealy don’t want to have to strip down the hubs to make sure that they’re dry inside.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

did get quite a few odd looks

I can possilby understand: barcode wellies?

edhornby

floods = blown drains = shit floating round in the water

stay away

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Flood Pictures with Bikes?’ is closed to new replies.