Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • flexible radiator connection??
  • enduro-aid
    Free Member

so im planning on taking out an old 800mm wide radiator in my bathroom this weekend and replacing it with a new chrome towel radiator but its proving very hard and very very expensive to get an 800 wide unit

Ive seen in some new houses that they are fitting radiators with braided flexible connections so they can be lifted off for cleaning or painting has anyone has experience of these??? do they last? do they let air in? ive heard some bad things but they would save me having to move the pipes to fit a new narrower rail

cinnamon_girl

Sorry can’t answer your question but I’ve replaced bathroom radiators with electric towel warmers. What I did not realise is how you effectively lose hanging space due to the fittings behind. So, for example, if you have a large bath towel, it may not be able to hang the whole way down behind.

I also underestimated the sizes and wish I had gone for both wider and longer.

Hope the above makes sense!

konadad
    Free Member

flexi connectors not really designed for radiators, can perish the rubber in time. when i fitted a new wider rad in my bathroom i used copper push fit elbows (screwfix have them) instead of having to lift up the flooring as per picture. hope this helps

[/url] 2011-11-17 12.08.23 by konadad, on Flickr[/img]

totalshell

NICE… konadad. the most common question we are asked can you fit a bigger radiator here..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘flexible radiator connection??’ is closed to new replies.