Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Flashing desk lamp …..
  • plant
    Free Member

…. yep, you'll be amazed what gets discussed on this site – isn't it wonderful? 🙂

So my question – I have a anglepoise type of desk top lamp with a low power "tube" of about 12", folded in two ……

Problem is, it has started a high speed flash – particularly noticeable with a white piece of paper. Only just noticed it and don't use it all the time but this morning is a bit dismal so needed to see the black keyboard.

Is it just the tube going or is the light at fault? Or is this just normal for this type of lamp?

Cheers,

jon1973
    Free Member

New tube I think.

plant
    Free Member

That's what I thought …… good on-line sources for tubes anyone?

Ta.

Drac

I'm surprised you know when to got for a shit without asking on here Plant.

jon1973
    Free Member

Homebase, B&Q, supermarkets, Bulbs-R-Us? sounds like a pretty standard low energy bulb.

plant
    Free Member

I like to add to the variety in your lives ….

Talkemada
    Free Member

It could be that someone (or something…) is desperately trying to contact you, using a series of flashes like Morse Code. They may be trying to warn you of the possible impending destruction of the Earth, and have decided you are the only person capable of saving the planet!!!

Don't delay; get thissen immediately to a local police station and tell them that we are all threatened with extinction if we don't act now!

**** ME!

As I typed this, a dozy pigeon just flew full pelt at my window in front of me. Frightened the life out of me! 😯 It's an omen!

We're doomed! We're doomed!!!

cyclistm
    Free Member

Talkemada – If Plant were the only person capable of saving the planet, what would the benefit of going to the local police station?

Expect the next thread from Plant to be:
    OT HELP – How should I save the world from extinction?

Talkemada
    Free Member

what would the benefit of going to the local police station?

Because he could then get them to use their extensive communication resources and get emergency measures mobilised.

Plant will then lead Humanity into a New Dawn…

That **** pigeon has right shaken me up. A loud BANG!, I ducked for cover, and it's left a pigeon-shaped smudge on the glass. No sign of the dozy bastard thing though.

Maybe it was vapourised… 😯

plant
    Free Member

The pigeon is on its way back to me ….. ready for the next assault on those who choose to be sarcastic!

😉

Talkemada
    Free Member

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Flashing desk lamp …..’ is closed to new replies.