Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fitting a SRAM XX Chainset (BB30 or GXP) into a BB92 frame?
  • vings
    Free Member

Guys,
    apologies if this has alreay been discussed. I’ve searched the forum, and couldn’t find the answer I’m looking for. Hopefully this is a pretty straight forward one..

About to pick up a 2011 scott scale 30 which is running BB92 with an XT chainset. Want to swap for a SRAM XX which comes as either BB30 or GXP. Assume I need an adaptor, but which one?

There you go, short and sweet!

Thanks in advance 🙂

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

You’ll need to swap the pressfit BB cups for GXP versions, you can’t adapt Shimano bearings to take GXP axles.

vings
    Free Member

OK, so I have the choice of either the BB30 or GXP version then(?) recommendations?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

No. only GXP will fit. BB30 (PF30) is a larger diameter cup that wont go in the Scott shell. Just use the Sram pressfit GXP cups.

vings
    Free Member

fantabulous – thanks Blazin

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

No problemo.

vings
    Free Member

word

shaggy

I was thinking these would work. You just need to step down the ID of the non-drive side bearing. Or am I missing something?

vings
    Free Member

I think those are for converting a hollowtech external BB to a GXP aren’t they? The Scott Scale is a BB92.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

I think the Hope adapters only fit the Hope BB?
    Could be wrong.

Might be easier just to keep the XT or use XTR? 🙂

shaggy

Hollowtech cranks fit BB92 in the same way as a external BB. You don’t use different spacers or anything. So converting a BB92 to GXP should be the same as converting a external 24mm bb to GXP. Yes?

I guess you might have to trim the external seal or get a blue one.

I don’t know if this works, but I think it should.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fitting a SRAM XX Chainset (BB30 or GXP) into a BB92 frame?’ is closed to new replies.