Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • First world problems….car parking
  • Pook

Our road is pretty crowded when it comes to parking. You can normally find a space, sometimes its a bit of a squeeze.

Tonight there are four cars parked up, all with space between them that is just not big enough to fit my focus. Or a golf. Or an ibiza. Whatever that sized car – they’ve conspired to make the spaces between each of their cars just too small.

This has happened two nights in a row now – the selfish pricks just blobbing their crappy little micras in all higgledy piggledy then buggering off.

It’s really wound me up!!!

How can I take my revenge?

I can park magnificently btw – so don’t suggest MTFU or parking better on my part. 😉

gwaelod
    Free Member

Run past me again why taxpayers should pay to provide storage space for people’s unused poesessions?

onehundredthidiot

Not much you can do. We’ve got 4 pretty narrow spaces of private parking out side and i’ve seen two cars parked so as no-one else can. Even more annoying when they are not residents but visiting the local place of worship.

kayak23

I would suggest a stern note.

maccruiskeen

storage space for people’s unused poesessions?

It did strike me recently how weird it is to leave cars just kind of lying about, in a way that I wouldn’t really do with a fridge, or a sofa.

jam-bo

That’s what bumpers are for.

project
    Free Member

Type out a nice For Sale sign for each car, details of MOT, tax etc,along with a low price, put a phone number on it etc, of a not so local pub, with a name of somebody to ask for.

or ring the local council, and say there are cars for sale on the highway, our council tows them away and issues a fine if theyre not moved.

Oh and the council first come out and stick a nice big yellow piece of paper on the windscreen telling you and everyone else what theyre going to do.

Obviously only the owner would try to sell the car as they own it, and you may get some greif if the actual owner finds out who has caused the problem.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Try this….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsK5C8m44JY[/video]

angeldust
    Free Member

I’m amazed at the number of people I know that have bought houses with zero thought on car parking, and then complained about there being no where to park (not accusing OP of this, just saying, like). Important factor when choosing a house for me.

Junkyard
    Free Member

park diagonally in the space mounting pavement/blocking road and blame Mrs pook or aclohol

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

angeldust – Member
    I’m amazed at the number of people I know that have bought houses with zero thought on car parking, and then complained about there being no where to park (not accusing OP of this, just saying, like). Important factor when choosing a house for me.

Agreed. There’s lots of very desirable areas of Bristol with lovely housing and great shops, bars etc, but an absolute nightmare for parking.

I know a fair few people who’ve paid £400k+ to live in such areas and who rarely dare to use their cars because once they’ve lost their space they know they’ll spend maybe 30 mins + driving around before finding a space 10-15 mins walk from their house. Madness.

We live in a lovely but not particularly fashionable area and have a garage and drive. Even if we didn’t, on street parking is never a problem, and we are 20-25 mins walk from the centre of town.

In no way suggesting that car ownership should overly influence your decisions in life, but I really couldn’t live somewhere where I’d be lucky to park a few streets away.

davidjones15
    Free Member

In the first world we have problems regarding what to do with the drive. However for you I think now would be a good time to learn what bumpers were designed to do.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

its a pointless thread and you are just showing off that you have a car and that you have a house, there are people that dont even have TV’s on this site and that’s through choice.

You have legs so you can walk…so use them.

Pook

You have legs so you can walk…so use them.

Pff. I just followed suit, left the car in the middle of the road and came inside. I’ve started a trend ‘cos it looks like there are now lots of cars parked up behind and in front of my car too, but they’ve all left their lights on for some reason.

maccruiskeen

I’ve lived in places where you’d be lucky park near by, sometimes having to park two or three streets away, sometimes further, it really didn’t bother me. I think some people feel the road nearest their door is more theirs than anyone else’s but thats not the reality.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘First world problems….car parking’ is closed to new replies.