Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • First car restoration project
  • alpin
    Free Member

surely you should be thinking about one of these (or similar)

lo-cost.

buy a donor car, rape it and knock up something that is properly yours for about 5-6k….

alpin
    Free Member

surely you should be thinking about one of these (or similar)

lo-cost.

buy a donor car, rape it and knock up something that is properly yours for about 5-6k….

Rubber-Duck

That looks delightful Alpin, what is it! Any other picks/ details. What donor car?

konabunny
    Free Member

I’ve done 3 minis…Oh, and i’ve had 2 people and 2 full-sussers on the inside

Where did you put the elephants, though?

Taff
    Free Member

This topic has me looking at MGBs and spitfire again. My mrs won’t like you guys today! The other plus side to restpring a beetle is that you should know how to fix it when it brakes down when going to Run to the Sun!

brassneck

Helped my old man with a triumph GT6

Mmmmm. I’d love one of them. Or an Elan+2, but that’s a bit out of my price range.

Alpin – spill the beans, my Dads retiring soon, wouldn’t like to see him idle 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

On the kit car idea, Hora’s selling a 1.7 puma, which would provide the big bits for a Sylva J15 (based on the lotus 11 principle that you take a lotus 7 and stick abody on it it goes faster, its a lotus 7 look-a-like with a lotus 11 look-a-like body on it).

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘First car restoration project’ is closed to new replies.