Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • firewood in aberdeen.
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

unfortunantly im not a man of loads of time like mcmoonter to hack my own sticks and build sheds 🙁

can anyone recommend any suppliers – ive seen loads of signs on my travels but taken no numbers and cannot think for the life of me where they are !

yellow pages proved fruitless with 1 quote of 700 quid for a 7.5 tonne lorry load from a sawmill(quote came with the caveat that “our logs are cut and have been standing for some time but may need stored in an airy dry place to finish them off for burning” – so fresh wood then 😉 ,where id store it i have no idea im looking for about half that ammount dumped on my drive. 2 of the others were wrong numbers and the last one was only doing little net bags at 7 quid each

sparksmcguff

Hi trail rat, not quite sure what the etiquette is here – but I’m part of a project working with vulnerable adults in Aberdeen and one of the things we do is supply firewood. Can supply as much or as little seasoned (3 years+ at the moment) dry (less than 25% moisture) split firewood. Delivery is per cubic metre (1 tonnne) mixed hard and soft wood. At the moment much of it is beech. Oh and significantly cheaper than your quote above, and we’ll deliver free if your in/near Aberdeen. Email tacoffice@googlemail.com if your interested.

kcal

Terry, there’s a place out the A96 – Scotlogs I think – with as you say a hastily scrawled mobile number on a bit of wood.

If you have somewhere to store them (even a sunny wall to stack them against) then fresh wood shouldn’t be an issue this time of year, but yes would be better getting seasoned.

Cut – check length. Split – check that too. The guy we get wood from will usually do seasoned mixed load, cut to standard size or smaller, and split enough. But he’s not really local to Aberdeen, more Dufftown way (:

kcal

too slow. take that offer^^^ 🙂

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

i know a guy in laurencekirk who does it as a sideline….pm me and ill get his details to you…also speak to the local sawmill,they often do wood at good rates

trail_rat
    Free Member

cordiners do but like you to pick up and i still have to deal with it at my end with a saw and an axe ….

bobby – is it ian rob ? wasnt overly keen on delivering as far away as me !

sparks YHM ! sounds perfect . STW to the rescue!

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

nope hugh dennis….hes a fencer but does a bit of wood on the side

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Build a shed, you know you want to.

RustyMac

sparks YGM from me too

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘firewood in aberdeen.’ is closed to new replies.