• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Finding student accommodation in that London
  • DrJ

My daughter has been offered a clearing place in a college in London (grrr…) but of course is now too late to get a place in hall. Can anyone suggest any good strategies for finding a place to live? We don’t live in the UK, so looking in newsagents windows etc is not a good solution 🙁

leggyblonde
    Free Member

Does the college not have an accommodation office you could call?

kimbers
    alfabus
    Free Member

Do the uni/college have an accommodation list you can request?

My uni held a list of landlords that had been approved – bit of extra trust implied because they could get struck off the list if they were useless, and it would be a good starting place for you as they should be local.

Dave

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Jeeze, good luck.

Sharing is her only option. You’re looking at £150 a week upwards for a separate flat. And that will be grotty.

What uni? Some of the suburban areas will be cheaper. You’re still looking at £70pw upwards just for a room in a shared place mind.

aP
    Free Member

Which Uni, what campus? Is she prepared to commute a lot?

pinches
    Free Member

You’re still looking at £70pw upwards just for a room in a shared place mind.

More like 120pw upwards, depending on location.

A standard room in halls is £104-£115pw.

I’m currently studying at the royal college of art, if you let me know what uni she’s going to and which area she wants to be in, we have a good Accomodation offered forum, so i could email you some ads off there?

DrJ

@pinches – she will be at London College of Communication at Elephant & Castle – any help gratefully received (email in profile).

Been looking at http://www.unite-students.com/student-accommodation/london/Great-suffolk-street? 500 quid a week? Yer ‘avin a larf!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Finding student accommodation in that London’ is closed to new replies.