Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Finally finished my new toy
  • undapressure
    Free Member

There is a new love in my life. It rides incredibly compared to any previous bikes I have owned. Not the lightest build at 31.5lbs but pretty bombproof. Cane Creek double barrel is pricey but oh so good compared to the RP23 (IMHO), its a lot plusher, tracks the ground better, but is about twice the weight.

Was thinking of trying to lose a bit of weight by swapping my Pro2 hubs on 521 rims for Mavic Crossmax SX's, anyone got any experience with these or other suggestions on how to shed a bit of weight – xtr cranks?

Curly68
    Free Member

Oooh, very sexy! Just got myslef a 6.6 frame and was thinking about a coil shock. Can't afford a DB though.

angryratio
    Free Member

I like..
    i'd also stick with your pro2s considering they're fairly light anyway and you can service them at home very easily.

nickegg
    Free Member

You lucky b$%gger!!!!

Both my LBS are Intense dealers and both have a Tracer with CCDB as their own bikes….i can't bring myself to ride one as i know it'll make my Orange 5 feel like sh1t.

Thats a good weight BTW, considering the forks and CCDB.

br
    Free Member

I-Beam seat/post, Stans rims and tubeless?

si-wilson
    Free Member

oooh very nice! I like that a lot!

To lose some weight, go down the Stan's Flow/355 route (the 355 is a surprisingly tough rim for the weight!) the SLX bash is also prety heavy, a Gamut p30/20 would sort that. Apart from that keep it as is, the weight will help with that bike imo.

Which Lyrics are they?

geetee1972
    Free Member

Oh that is very very nice indeed and very well put together. Excellent choice in the CCDB. I have one on my similarly new Helius AM and it is absolutely every bit as good as people say; in all honesty I think that your experience of how good the bike is, is probably more down to the CCDB than anything else.

One thing I would say though is that I am really struggling to believe that it currently weighs 31.5lbs. My Helius is specced very similarly, but with Stans Flow rims and tubeless tyres. with the same fork, CCDB and a Ti spring but with lighter XT cranks and a 1×9 set up, its coming in at a shade over 33lbs; I'm probably saving about 1-2lbs with the lighter components and spring so that would mean the Tracer VP has to be over 3lbs lighter than the Helius AM, which weighs 3.1kg without damper.

I don't think it matters too much and it takes nothing away from your new bike, which is **** hot rod sledge!

So, to lighten it, I would say go for a lighter wheel set – depends on how heavy you are but maybe 819s or Stans Arch or the Flows which are a little heavier.

XTR cranks won't save much and will cost more than a decent set of wheels! Ti spring is an obvious place to loose around 400g for £150.

Have fun on it mate!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Very nice!

lyons
    Free Member

Yeah, I'd say to spring will be the cheapest upgrade, and will save you the most weight! That is a seriously nice bike…

heihei

Great looking bike. Swap the Lyrics for Float 36's -should lose you quite a bit. Mavic SX wheels are cracking – have a set on my Intense SS, and will save you a bit of weight but expensive.

undapressure
    Free Member

Thanks for all your comments guys. Think a TI spring is probably going on in the near future after your feedback. It is slightly tail heavy so that should sort it right out.

Si_progresivebikes – they are the 2-step airs but with black lowers instead of white. Getting the coil upgrade done under warranty when Fisher get all the right parts back in.

slowrider
    Free Member

class!

run 'er 1×9 with a e13 lg1+, that will drop nearly a pound and suit that bike down to the ground.

you are definitely going to pinch flat that rear tire on a bike like that! i ran one for a bit, it was great for acceleration and dry drifty corners but didnt like the rocky stuff too much.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Finally finished my new toy’ is closed to new replies.