Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Finale – is it just MTB ?
  • will.i.am
    Free Member

Got a 15 year old boy and a wife to take on holidays. Whilst biking would be sorted, I'm wondering if I's get lynched by the Mrs ?

Is Finale picturesqe with a nice beach ? We're looking for chillout, beach, quaint, minimal travelling as well as the obvious MTB.

thanks in advance

RHSno2
    Free Member

Finale Borgo is the old town behind Finale Liguria. Its a stunning place with lots of culture etc.

will.i.am
    Free Member

Yes, Borgo seems nice from what we've read and I'm sure that would keep her occupied for a while.

We were all geared up but some travel programme showed a beach area in Finale which put her off a bit 😥

RHSno2
    Free Member

Compared to other MTB spots its fanatastic for a dual holiday IMO but its not going to be her idea of heaven but it mixes both well.

will.i.am
    Free Member

Thanks for that RHS – are the beach areas tacky or Ok ?

RHSno2
    Free Member

Not THE best on the riveria but not bad if I recall. I didn't spend time on them though,

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

It's also a premier rock climbing destination, alot of alpine climbers go there as a plan B., when the weather in the alps is crap. The old town is lovely and Finale Ligure is pretty nice aswell, a bit of concrete, but still nice. There are lots of nice places to eat. We ate on the prom. where there were sort of tents errected, that were cheap improvised restaurants. The area is quite mountainous and there must be some nice beaches, we did a bit of sea cliff climbing, the sea was definitely blue. Sorry, I don't have any 'holiday' type snaps, just rock.

postierich
    Free Member

Beaches are fine stayed there(10 days) with my other half and daughter 3yr old.
    Sea is very child friendly the council bits of the beach are ok but might as well pay for the pleasure of a bed.
    Lots of places down the coast to visit on the train for a bit of variety.
    Sea front comes alive @ night for the kiddies lots to do.

Rich

will.i.am
    Free Member

Thanks guys.

I just wanted to make sure its a decent destination aside from MTB so your comments are helpful.

Cheers.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Finale – is it just MTB ?’ is closed to new replies.