Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Filter Coffee Machines – Recommendations
  • ken_shields
    Free Member

My trusty old filter machine died this morning and as it’s an essential bit of kit it needs to be replaced.

I don’t want an espresso machine just a simple filter coffee machine

Is it worth buying a nice one or will a cheapy be just as good?

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Ken

TheFlyingOx

If you want simple, just get a cafetierre. Makes better coffee that a filter IMO.

Otherwise, the Cona ones are a bit special.
    http://www.cona.co.uk/cona-products-dining-using.php

TooTall
    Free Member

We’ve been through a few (Mrs TT likes to drop test them 😕 ) and the DeLonghi one we have at the minute is fine and dandy. Makes a good jug of filter coffee with no fuss.

prettygreenparrot

It doesn’t get much simpler than a chemex . Those cona pots are real fun.

spooky_b329

After going from a cafetierre to a filter machine, and subsequently junking the filter machine, I would suggest:

Several coffee drinkers: A cafetierre
    Just one coffee drinker: http://www.creamsupplies.co.uk/aeropress-coffee-maker/prod_1203.html?category=475&gclid=CKjy-tPxr6oCFQEf4Qod5HzI7w

ken_shields
    Free Member

Thanks chaps

While I appreciate that a cafetiere may make nicer coffee and some of the others are spectacular to look at all I’m after is a filter machine that I can fill with water and coffee in the morning and while I faff about feeding cats, emptying the dishwasher and doing all the other rubbish little jobs that crop up that need to be done before you go to work it happily makes me a pot of coffee.

I can’t be arsed with cafitieres as they need to be dismantled to get them clean and I really can’t be doing with that first thing and if I’m working from home they don’t hold enough coffee or keep it hot.

I’m guessing that as it’s just putting hot water through the ground coffee and the standard of the coffee will have more bearing on the taste it,s just a case of considering how robust the machine is.

So bearing this in mind any further suggestions?

Cheers

Ken

globalti
    Free Member

Filter machines are the work of the Devil; they put too much water through the coffee at too low a temperature. You end up with weak insipid coffee and a temptation to drink it stale, which is bad for the health.

Cafetiere is the way to go. The aluminium Italian ones are good.

Alternatively get some Arabic coffee and the special boiler and learn to do it the Arab way.

meeeee
    Free Member

i’ve had filter machines from breville / tefal and also mega cheap ones from argos, all the same imho.

I actually like filter machine coffee, providing it hasnt been sitting in the jug for hours. Like the op says, if you just want no mess hassle free coffee in a mrning, filter machines are great, and even if it doesnt taste like the best coffee in the world its still 1000x betther than instant!

ononeorange

We have just replaced our Braun Passionaroma or whatever it’s called after many years daily service with exactly the same. Does the job and has been dead reliable. I think it was nearly 10 years old.

bruneep

Why filter?

What about bean to cup machine? Jura do some nice machines.

dr_death
    Free Member

I’d second the bean to cup idea. They’re not that cheap, but mine makes excellent coffee….

donsimon
    Free Member

Ace coffee everytime.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Second Don Simon.

I have a Gaggia Classic and I do love it, but I can make a superb coffee from my stovetop with barely any faff.

kencovending
    Free Member

Hi there

You can get more information regarding coffee machine here too

http://www.kencovending.co.uk/

iDave
    Free Member

Hi there

You can get more information regarding coffee luke warm brown fluid machine here too

http://www.kencospamming.co.uk/

HTH

Stoner
    Free Member

iLOL

samuri
    Free Member

Cafetiere here and an excellent grinder.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Filter Coffee Machines – Recommendations’ is closed to new replies.