Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Films – Learnie and Grantown
  • mau00149
    Free Member

Been having a little play with some video on the compact camera and made the videos below. There are a few things I’d tweak or change when doing it again as it’s been a steep learning curve. Hope you enjoy.

Learnie in the snow
    http://vimeo.com/34926289

Grantown Woods – Mountain Bike
    http://vimeo.com/34968269

Any comments or constructive criticism welcomed

matt_outandabout

Right next visit to Nethy I am at Grantown woods… 🙂

sweepy
    Free Member

Despite living within a few miles of those Grantown trails this is the first i’d heard of them, Thanks for posting that, im going there next day off 🙂
    Are they in the wood near the bridge over the river?

metalheart
    Free Member

Where abouts are the Grantown Woods trails?

Worth a visit from Aberdeen?

onewheeltoofew
    Free Member

Flippin’ ‘eck Grantown woods have changed a fair bit since I were a nipper.’Back in the day’ I spend many a happy hour messing about in those woods. Thanks for that, it was a proper nostalgia trip, I’ll definitely be taking the bike next time I get a chance to get up there again.

MrGreedy

Any more info or a web link for Grantown woods? Definitely fancy a visit next time I’m visiting relatives on Speyside.

mau00149
    Free Member

Cheers guys, they are relatively new trails that have just been built. Think there are a few more planned, someone also mentioned a possible pump track. The trails in the film aren’t actually that long (not worth a trip from Aberdeen to be honest). If you’re in the area with some spare time then there’s plenty singletrack in the area to combine it with. Guys at Basecamp bikes in the town should be able to assist with local maps and stuff although it’s almost a go and wander and see what you find type ride as no dedicated markers/trails for the singletrack.

Stuff in the video is basically a fairly small circuit with a few different line types, i.e. very small climb and then ride the differing lines. Pretty much all the features are shown in the video.

They are in the woods near the road bridge over the Spey on the way to Keith.

Enjoy!!

mau00149
    Free Member

Any other feedback or critique for improving the next vids?

metalheart
    Free Member

I found the change in exposure levels between the different directions a little off putting.

But not enough to put me off a visit at some point!

Thanks for sharing (as they say) 😀

mau00149
    Free Member

Used two different cameras which will have affected some of the exposure/metering levels. Light was also fading towards the end which didn’t help. There was some footage that just couldn’t be used as was too dark. I know with more powerful editing software (and time) some of the levels could be corrected to make it more even throughout. Something to be played with in the future.

cheers for the comments

mau00149
    Free Member

Just noticed Vimeo had downgraded the quality of the original Grantown Woods upload (think it was due to uploading the Learnie film in HD the same week). Will get it replaced with the HD version. Sorry about that!!

mau00149
    Free Member

HD version of Grantown Woods should now be live 🙂

Northwind

Very nice those… Did you not fancy a bit of learnie abandoned-skills-area peril in the snow? 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Films – Learnie and Grantown’ is closed to new replies.