Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fiesta as a bike car?
  • becky_kirk43
    Free Member

I’m looking to buy a “new” car in the next couple of months. After much deliberation I’ve narrowed it down to a focus or a fiesta.

I’m edging towards the fiesta as being a bit smaller it’ll be cheaper to run and insure as well as easier to park! But, the focus being bigger has more bike transporting potential!

I’ve currently got a 3 door corsa and can just about get 2 bikes in. So has anyone got a 5 door fiesta? how easy is it for bike transporting?

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Why not get a rack for the roof?

Keeps all the muck on the outside.

If you must have the bikes inside have you considered a focus estate??

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

I’ve got a rack for the back of the corsa (which would fit on the back of a fiesta as well), i just prefer having the bikes inside where possible (I do have a plastic sheet so they don’t get the car muddy!)

Have looked at the focus estate, falls into the practical but possibly a bit big category!

PlopNofear
    Free Member

Me and my friends got 5 bikes in a Fiesta a few times. All of them were standing up with wheels off. It worked quite well. Then we had a Yaris as well so one bike went in the Yaris with the rest of the wheels. It was a bit squished but it worked.

Here is a pic

chimpymcchimp

I have a 5 door fiesta. Added a towbar for a thule 3 bike rack. With 3 bikes, 3 people and a week’s luggage it still does 60ish mpg on a motorway run (diesel). Bit slow on the acceleration and brakes though! Only £35 tax for the year too. Never tried to get more bikes in it, though. More bikes is less people, I suppose.

RustyMac

I have a VW Polo, similar size to the Fiesta and i use a thule roof rack and bike carriers which work fantasically. I used to have a bike rack that secured to the back of the car but it never felt any where near as secure as the roof rack. Wheels off i recon i could get 2 bikes in the back of the car and store the wheels but kit could be an issue.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fiesta as a bike car?’ is closed to new replies.