Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fiat Doblo 1.3 Multijet?
  • s8tannorm
    Free Member

Looking for a new (to me) van and quite like the look of these. I know it won't be a rocket ship but I'll sacrifice that for the space and economy … saying that, on paper power and torque don't look much lower than a 1.9.

Anyone had one, driven one, stolen one, seen one? Opinions welcome.

Cheers
    Stuart

project
    Free Member

Same engine as they put in the new mini,and badge it as a bmwer

Jimbo
    Free Member

Not the same engine as the Mini. The Mini, IIRC, shares its (1.6), diesel engine with the Ford/Peugeot/Citroens of this world. The first Mini D sourced its engine from the Toyota Yaris.

The 1.3 JTD engine is used in the Fiat (+ Lancia in Europe) cars, plus the current Ford Ka and some Vauxhall/Opel cars.

oxnop
    Free Member

+ the corsa/combo – I was told my 1.3cdti combo has the JTD engine.

Edit- if it is the same then it will be fine. We use the combo just for mtb duties and is fine.
    It will cruise at 75mph (it will do 95 on a private road 😀 )
    we also get 500 miles on a tank- £45 to fill up. So unless you are carrying a heavy load then why would you need anything more powerfull?

project
    Free Member
    Kip

Weird I know, but I have a Fiat Doblo 1.9 for sale. Only selling it because I came into a bit of money and bought a VW T4 instead.

The Doblo, has got 80k on the clock and timing belt was done at 60k. (does 38-40mpg) Ply-lined and carpeted with steel bulk-head. Roof rack included.(Looking for £1250 ono)

Took it to Morzine last year and it never missed a beat.
    I'm in Exeter, Devon. Drop me a line if you are interested.

Simon (Kips husband)

jahwomble
    Free Member

I thought that said fiat doblo 1.3 mullet, quite disappointed now I must say.

Liftman

We have one at work, so far :-

Turbos Replaced – 2 off
    ECU replaced
    Ignition Switch/Barrel replaced
    Glow plugs replaced

Constant issues/problems, van is only 3 years old doing an average of 20k pa

It is currently having problems again, not starting in the morning.

We wont be getting anymore Fiat vans.

s8tannorm
    Free Member

Cheers folks … as ever, a world of wisdom 😀

Stuart

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fiat Doblo 1.3 Multijet?’ is closed to new replies.