Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Felt Virtue cracked frame gloom
  • Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

Anybody else suffered similar to the below; crack on the top tube around the front of the weld where the seat tube support strut is attached. Virtue 2, 2007 frame.

Looks like my Felt will definetly start to feel a bit fuzzy.

tazzymtb

running a short seat post? that's the only time I've seen virtues cracked. My sympathies because the 2007 virtue was a lovely frame!

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

Used the OE fit post for about a year and then fitted a 400 Thomson post. The bike took a while to settle down; couple of snapped linkage bolts, bolts constantly coming undone in the first year. But, this year it has been great and very reliable – until this. Bit miffed. I've been in touch with Saddleback, so we shall see what they come back with.

tazzymtb

yeh the bolts were a problem with them. I loctited the shit out of mine and it was fine from then on, propperly gutted for you, hope the warranty pixies sort you out. 🙂

tombell1989
    Free Member

I had no fun with this frame.

Firstly, the carbon chain-stays came apart from the corners (basically where the hanger is).
    After this was sorted (perhaps 3 months later) the frame cracked along the weld to the right of the head tube.

Took ages to get a replacement and Felt came back with a Virtue 3 (downgrade in essence) with aluminum chain-stays (I guess a strength improvement but a definite weight penalty).

Never again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Felt Virtue cracked frame gloom’ is closed to new replies.