Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • **** **** Feckity **** ****!
  • BermBandit
    Free Member

Car filled up with Steam this am on the way to work strong smell of coolant. Just been to local garage and been quoted £500ish to sort heater matrix out (whatever that is).

Planning on a Radweld moment later. I was always told this was a seriously bad thing to do. Any thoughts, previous, words of wisdom etc before I venture forth?

project
    Free Member

Heater matrix is a small readiator hiden behind the dashboard, and when it freezes its the same as a radiator freezing, it splits so needs to be replaced,and its a big job.

PJ266
    Free Member

**** thats expensive, only experience I have of heater matrixes (matrixi? Matrices???) is on my classic mini, undo about 8 screws and replace. Unluckers.

BermBandit
    Free Member

Ta………. I think 😕

So what about the Radweld plan????

Worth a try??

nickhart
    Free Member

heater matrices are notoriously expensive due in part to their complexity. if you can afford it fix it. radweld may hold for a bit but there is no telling about how it will hold or if it'll do any damage to the heating system.
    sorry i know that's not what you want to hear!

Marge
    Free Member

the big bummer on cars (vintage Minis excluded) is not the price of the matrix but the price for the stripping down to get to it!

BermBandit
    Free Member

So if I strip down do you reckon I'll get some money off?

Might even consider thong, stockings and sussies if the price was right

montylikesbeer

Just googled this and it does look a bit complex

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘**** **** Feckity **** ****!’ is closed to new replies.