Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • fat bar grip recomendations
  • muddyman
    Free Member

My hands are aching after one ride on my new wtb gto lockon grips .(cant think why CRC were selling them so cheep !!??)Anyway liked my old yeti speed grips but had to stick them to my last bars so thought id try lockons.Think I need fatter grips and like the look and price of superstar excel anyone tried them or recomend other fat bar grips please. Ta

bluebird
    Free Member

ODI Rogue.

z1ppy

Rogues here, though check out Sunlines too.

MrTall
    Free Member

Sunline Logo Thick are quite nice and were being sold at half price on CRC (if they have any left) at around £7-£8 per pair.

I use Lizardskin Northshore now though which are some of the thickest i’ve found. I prefer the grip profile compared to the ODI Rogues but that’s obviously a personal thing. They also seem to wear better than the Sunlines did.

jruk
    Free Member

Another vote for Rogues…

kayak23

Oury

breatheeasy
    Free Member

+1 for Oury

unklehomered
    Free Member

mate of mine has Oury and loves em, I’m a nut for Superstar excels – very slightly squidgey and lovely on the hands.

muddyman
    Free Member

Thanx for that not sure rogues are for me not into short pimply things realy !!Those oury grips look chunky . . . ugly but chunky !! lizard skin north shores are winning at minute ,any superstar excel owners on today ?

muddyman
    Free Member

Thanx unkle homer if only i werent so damn slow at typing !! Squidgey sounds good and theres the free bag of haribo, superstar send out to consider too !!(for the children you understand :wink:)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Sunline grips are nice, but wear away really quickly (4 long rides and I had to turn them round 90deg as I’d gone through to the plastic at the outer end of the palm).

I’m quite liking ritchey foam grips at the moment, masses of grip, glue stops them spinning, they don’t seem to wear at all, comfy (both ergonomicaly and in reducing vibrations), cheep, very light. Whats not to like?

woody2000

Ruffians = pimply
    Rogues = squidgy

You looking at the right ones?

Rogues are nice 🙂

binners

Another vote for the Sunline Thick. Uber-chunky and much cheapness on CRC. Or Bontrager Race Lite lock ons

muddyman
    Free Member

Ha Ha oops !! Thanx woody 😳

chakaping
    Free Member

I swear by WTB Weirwolf grips myself. Fat with knobbly bits for extra grip.

Got some white Ourys and some black Rogues in the spares box if you want to try either out cheap though, email in profile.

Toasty

Ourys or ESI Chunkys, both fantastic. Ride without gloves on most of the time though. Hated Sunline Half Waffle lock-ons curiously, the inner bit got in the way of the shifters and after years of using Ourys I found myself hanging on the outside, which was just hard lockon clamp thing.

ESI have the advantage of weighing sod all too.

rocketman
    Free Member

Race Face Strafe & ODI Rogues are my favourites

fathomer

I had a set of SS excels, nice and thick but to wide on the bars. I couldn’t reach the shifters n brakes comfortably with my hads out wide. They are cheap though!

titusrider
    Free Member

I love the old skool raceface good n evil, not lockon though

(gf’s hairspay works just as well!)

mboy
    Free Member

ODI Rogues are the best by far IMO, I’ve tried pretty much everything else.

OURY’s I found too hard, they don’t give at all, so no extra comfort cos of their size. Superstar Excel’s just slightly too big and nothing like as grippy or comfortable as Rogues. Sunlines do seem to wear really fast, though pretty comfy.

Rogues are bloody expensive for a grip, but seemingly there is no better…

flyingmonkeycorps

I liked my SS Excels. I’ve gone to skinnier grips now, but they’re SS ones again!

qtip

If you like the Yeti grips, why not get the ODI Yeti lockons?

Here!

composite
    Free Member

Superstar Excel

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘fat bar grip recomendations’ is closed to new replies.