Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Fast, light, summer tyre on a budget
  • rogerthecat
    Free Member

I have searched and read through some threads on summer tyres – but none seem to quite hit the mark.

Looking for a lightweight summer tyre for my 26″ SS, the ones I have a cheapo bright green jobbies off Ebay just to get the bike rolling and they have a definite centre ridge with a nice open pattern alongside which makes them ideal for round here.

I now need something a little more robust as they are starting to perish.

Funds are tight at the moment so any fast and light tyre recommendations appreciated.

Cheers, Paul.

jwmlee
    Free Member

Racing Ralphs from On One are pretty cheap.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    onandon
    Free Member

I have some Schwalbe Fast freds in 26/2.0 and 26,2.5 if that’s the sort of things that would be of interest.

Email me if they take your fancy 🙂

rogerthecat
    Free Member

on and on – Member

I have some Schwalbe Fast freds in 26/2.0 and 26,2.5 if that’s the sort of things that would be of interest.

Email me if they take your fancy

Will check what will fit in the frame – ’91ish Kona Cindercone – will get back to you asap.
    Cheeers, P.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Just measured the clearance using a set of Rickey 2.1 off another bike and they rub the chainstays, they do have quite aggressive “edges” so it may be possible.
    What’s the tread pattern like on the 2.1s?

EDIT: being a bit thick tonight – 2.5 definitely no go, the 2.0 may work and teh 2.5 in evans are a def no go

Klunk
    Free Member

I bought a couple of those racing ralphs from on-one, and was presently surprised to find they were proper tubeless, not tubeless ready variety as stated on the site. Whether that is still the case i have no idea. The only downer is they are 100 or so grams heavier, but they need next to no jizz in them to stay up.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

ok chaps – they need to be quite skinny – 1.9s are ok looking at the green ones, anything fatter rubs the chainstays.

onandon
    Free Member

Rogerthebcat
    You don’t have an email address listed so ping me a mail.

Regards
    Steve

patriotpro
    Free Member

Conti Speedking

qwerty
    Free Member

Small Cock 8’s

transapp
    Free Member

Got a nobby nic and racing Ralph 2.1 with little use if any good

neninja
    Free Member

There were a few places selling the folding Michelin Dry 2’s mega cheap recently. They are pretty light and very fast rolling.

DaddyFool
    Free Member

Maxxis Wormdrive.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Fast, light, summer tyre on a budget’ is closed to new replies.