Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • FAO Chipps or another ST bod
  • MrSparkle

Just had a mate phone me to tell me that in issue 49 it says I won the competition in issue 48. I haven’t heard owt from Singletrack about it as yet. The prize was to win entry into loads of events 🙂 but the first one has already been and gone 😐 . Can somebody drop me a line please?
    simonATsoundreductionDOTcoDOTuk

Drac

Put

chipps

mark

or

ben on the front of domain name.

MrSparkle

Well I thought of that but knowing my luck I’d choose someone who is away somewhere exotic testing something erotic for a month hence hedging my bets by posting it up here, y’see.

Drac

They’ll still pick the email up.

dr_death
    Free Member

Least your mate has had his copy…..

chipps

I think it was Ben handling that competition – the emails are as Drac says. Ben’ll get you sorted out.
    Sorry we didn’t call you up and play trumpets down the phone. We ran out of trumpets… We’ve got harmonicas if that’s any good…

MrSparkle

In the interim I have sent the email to Chipps. I will send it to Ben too.

Sorry we didn’t call you up and play trumpets down the phone. We ran out of trumpets… We’ve got harmonicas if that’s any good…

Not really a response I was expecting.

Pauly

Congratulations MrSparkle!
    😉

joe1983
    Free Member

Bit harsh, If I had won a comp, not been notified and as a result missed out on one of the prizes I would definitely want trumpets, not sarcasm.

nickc

bring on the trumpets

sc-xc

I would expect a nice tromboning.

rs
    Free Member

that sounds like you might not be able to walk too well for a while afterwards 😆

Oxboy
    Free Member

I hope they never get to run the lottery, ”Sorry we didnt send you the cheque for £5million . . . we found £2.73 and a couple of buttons from the back of the settee if thats any good? ”

😆

dave360

Free stuff! For nothing! ACE!

brant
    Free Member

Bit harsh, If I had won a comp, not been notified and as a result missed out on one of the prizes I would definitely want trumpets, not sarcasm.

It’s not like it was a trial, or test of skill.

Big male chicken.

Drac

Yes congrats, you’ll find Chipps wasn’t being sarcastic it’s his dry sense of humour and a genuine apology.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

STW run a competition
    Member of the forum wins competition
    Member doesnt get contacted by STW and misses part of the prize
    Member asks “will someone drop me a line” on STW in a polite manner
    Head honcho of STW is condescending (sp) to member

STW in couldnt care less about its members shocker. Anyone makes mistakes and with the hacking etc maybe details are all over the place but when you do make a mistake you should bloody well be nice to the person. Especially when they have in no way been out of order.

tyger
    Free Member

TheLittlestHobo – as said by Brant earlier, it’s just Chipp’s humour. He’s a great bloke and he’s not being condescending.

theflatboy
    Free Member

chipps, can you confirm that you are indeed a great bloke, to set the matter to rest?

🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

Great way to treat your customers chipps. Although I think rather than trumpets a call to say ‘you’ve won’ would have sufficed, or an apology to say ‘sorry we screwed up’. Yet again the singletrack boys make their customers feel like they are just an annoyance instead of the people who are keeping them in business.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Excuse me sir, i seem to have won your nice competition but have missed part of it.

“Sorry we didn’t call you up and play trumpets down the phone”

Great humour. I dont know chipps so am not going to comment on how great a bloke he is. I wasnt the only one who thought it was out of order.

chakaping
    Free Member

I think the ST editorial staff should go round this man’s house and play trumpets in person, right now.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I think they should do what they should have done in the first place. Ask him for his phone number and call him up to let him know the details of his prize.

Maybe when they have finished, that would be the time to drop in some humour and play a trumpet fanfare.

DezB
    Free Member

or just give him free entry into the first event of next year (in addition to the remaining events of this year, of course)

wors

maybe he wants him to go round and play the pink oboe 😯

Drac

I think they should do what they should have done in the first place. Ask him for his phone number and call him up to let him know the details of his prize.

Maybe they already have by email.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

And the really bad news is that he hasn’t won free entry to the Big Bike Bash!

chela
    Free Member

Yet again the singletrack boys make their customers feel like they are just an annoyance instead of the people who are keeping them in business

FFS. Seriously.

Perspective? Sense of humour? Pinch of salt? This forum ran out of those a long time ago. Come on, get a grip.

It’s no wonder the economy’s bust if you lot are this sensitive in real life. “Please, mummy, I wish to register my displeasure at the tone of everyday language used in my vicinty. It is simply intolerable. I might look like a man, but truth is I’m a very self-important and insecure bedwetting shrew, and that man didn’t address me with due defference and doff his cap to me. I suspect him of not taking my plight seriously. And I am now OFFENDED. I shall be sulking for most of the next month and I shall carry this sense of injustice until such time as the world stops being such a harsh and cruel brute to me. And I certainly shan’t be going to work again until a full apology and retraction is issued. And I’d like flowers too. I hope you’re pleased with yourselves. Well done, you’ve ruined this for everybody!”

MTFU.

theflatboy
    Free Member

haha, chela would you have a copyright claim against me if i wanted to change my username to “an insecure bedwetting shrew”? 😆

Gary_M
    Free Member

chela you obvioulsy have far too much time on your hands.

Out of interest if you were to walk into a shop and be be treated like shit would you go back. Or are you happy to expect poor customer service?

Of course I would now expect brant to come along and agree with chela, but then again most of us are aware what his customer service skills are like.

brant
    Free Member

chela you obvioulsy have far too much time on your hands.

but he’s bang on though, isn’t he.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

It takes more balls to say what you think and not follow the popular crowd chela. How would you like me to MTFU? What by agreeing with nomarks like yourself.

If chipps did call him fine. He should just have done that in the first place.

brant
    Free Member

It takes more balls to say what you think and not follow the popular crowd chela

yes. respect to chela for saying what he thought.

brant
    Free Member

Of course I would now expect brant to come along and agree with chela, but then again most of us are aware what his customer service skills are like.

And I would expect people like you to edit posts after I’ve replied.

Drac

It takes more balls to say what you think and not follow the popular crowd chela.

Didn’t he just do that?

Gary_M
    Free Member

And I would expect people like you to edit posts after I’ve replied.

‘people like me’ you don’t know anything about me. And I didn’t edit my post after you replied but I knew you would respond to chelas post.

Just imagine what a business could be like if it delivered great customer service.

kelvin

Can I have the prize?

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

TBH i expected Brant to come along with his attitude as well Gary. It must take big balls to follow the leader like sheep

rOcKeTdOg

*pulls up chaise longne and gets someone to start peeling the grapes*

brant
    Free Member

Just imagine what a business could be like if it delivered great customer service.

Which is why I’m not doing customer service any more 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘FAO Chipps or another ST bod’ is closed to new replies.