Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Fantasy bike ownership
  • loulouk
    Free Member

If money were no object, what bikes would you buy and if any, what changes would you make to them? I know this is a mountain bike forum, but anything goes as long as it's bike shaped :O)

pedalhead
    Free Member

Mine would be a custom Ti 29'er hardtail from someone like Carl Strong or Kent Eriksen. Belt drive, with a geared hub like an 11-speed Alfine or a Rohloff (the elusive lightweight one preferably!). Componenets would include a smattering of Phil Wood goodies, custom Ti bars and seatpost, and a nice Brooks saddle pre-broken in for 5000 miles by someone with the exact same arse profile as mine.

binners

Its amazing how pwople differ isn't it? No offence pedalhead but I couldn't get remotely excited about that.

Intense Tracer VP for me please. With the usual bling

pedalhead
    Free Member

That's alright, I already have a Blur LTc a la bling, which probably would have been at the top of the list otherwise 😉

ton

xl ventana el capitan 29r………….. 8)
    i would put a 140mm bolt thru 29r fork on it…..if a good one was available.

druidh
    Free Member

Sorry – money is no object and all my bikes are already absolutely perfect.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

If money were no object, what bikes would you buy and if any

I could afford any bike I wanted, but I'm happy completely tootling round on a battered old hardtail. My fantasies mostly involve sex.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Jeez, I'm thinking along the SFB's lines. Help!

romster
    Free Member

my next bike…………

carbon337
    Free Member

Ibis Mojo – maybe 2 one in xc mode one in dh ish mode.

ChrisL

I am surprisingly approaching contentment with the bikes I have. Given unlimited funds I'd fiddle with some of their components and maybe update the Anthem to an Anthem X but generally I'm happy. 🙂

That said, if someone did what was almost exactly a Santa Cruz Chameleon frame but without the EBB (which for me is unnecessary and a source of annoying creaks) and better paint I'd be very interested…

highclimber
    Free Member

SC Nomad (carbon or alloy, i'm not fussy) ;-p

ianpinder
    Free Member
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Fantasy bike ownership’ is closed to new replies.