Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • fake?
  • pabsw1982
    Free Member

Might even go deep section carbon rims too…

ah you might as well shave yee legs as well 😈

ok the rear triangle has a manufacturing pin hole on the end tubes. Please correct me but You really don’t see that kinda thing on the original sweat and toil kleins. Also the componentry is just a shambles. someone would really have had to loose all their brain cells to put that kinda kit on a real klein.

a

pabsw1982
    Free Member

Ok I have contacted the seller with this:

I wonder if this is actually a real Klein. Please could you let me know the frame stamp number and send the pictures of the dropouts without the wheel insitu so I can see the klein stamp on the frame.

eyerideit
    Free Member

I couldn’t see the logo on the dropouts, but it has rear facing dropouts. We’re they common on other bikes?

And I wouldn’t dream of putting anything less than xt on a Klien.

cynic-al
    Free Member

No, unique to Klein.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Where has Gary gone.? I miss him and his bikes 😥

Woody
    Free Member

the colour of it after new spray job when got is ‘lambourgini burnt orange and yellow with cobolt blue stickers.

I think that would have put me off without even looking at the frame in detail 8)

ferrit32
    Free Member

Here is a Pulse of the same sort of age

same frame stripped from the rear 😯

I am still convinced it is a Klein but a Pulse not an Attitude or even worse something else compltley. The Pulse was the budget Klein frame so isnt as fandangly built as the Attitude

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

As am I ferrit32.. But they all want to convince themselves that it isn’t a Klein, so let them have their fun!

EDIT: That Pulse looks nice when polished! I liked mine, but the Attitude that I got to replace it was definitely more springy in the rear end.. The Pulse was rather dead feeling in comparison. Both went up hills like stink though!

ferrit32
    Free Member

I should have kept my gob shut called it a ringer and the gone ans bought it. Its only up the road from me!.

This would make a nice single speeder with carbon forks and some lightweight kit on it.

I had a Treklein attitude for a while, still a nice bike but not a patch on the real thing

Mike_D
    Free Member

No, unique to Klein.

Rear-facing dropouts? Not quite — my Mountain Cycle Moho had them too. Not that anyone would confuse that with a Klein 😉

zbonty

98 Pulse. Klein tubeset welded by Trek,

Likely to be held together by the shite paint job.

Horrible

eyerideit
    Free Member

That polished frame looks fantastic.

cynic-al
    Free Member

So it in fact is a Klein.

atlaz
    Free Member

I saw a Motobecane branded bike in a 2nd hand sale in France the other week with a Klien fade paintjob on it. At first I thought I had a bargain (100 euros for a complete bike) but the stickers and detail as I got closer told the truth. Chances are this is a similar thing but someone is trying to pull a fast one (or did on the current seller)

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘fake?’ is closed to new replies.