• This topic has 2,563 replies, 197 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,121 through 1,160 (of 2,564 total)
  • F1 2017 (Bound to contain spoilers!)
  • shermer75
    Free Member

Excited!! 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

Amazing drive from the Hulk there! Faster than both Red Bulls!!!

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Well done Bottas!

slowoldman

Amazing drive from the Hulk there! Faster than both Red Bulls!!!

Eh?

shermer75
    Free Member

Eh?

That was during Q2 🙂

slowoldman

Ah. Still, excellent performance by the Hulk and also by Palmer once I’d told him to pull his socks up (via the medium of my TV).

Klunk
    Free Member

looks very much like last year, early promise from ferrari, mercedes press the turbo button and they are half a second down the road. I don’t think lewis will mind Bottas up ahead its easier to manage the race from a 1-2 situation.

the-muffin-man

and also by Palmer once I’d told him to pull his socks up (via the medium of my TV).

…still 1.3 seconds slower than his team mate! 😀

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone less excited at getting their first ever pole 😆

Still amazes me how two squidgy humans in two cars can be so close over 90 seconds.

scotroutes

Still amazes me how two squidgy humans in two cars can be so close over 90 seconds.

2 identical cars. Makes you wonder just how important the protein robot actually is.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I agree they’re ‘identical’ but there are still so many variants.

Thousandths of a second over 90 seconds/3 and a bit miles. Just shows how precise they are.

Pook

And emphasises the importance of the extra effort they put in. If years of pre 10pm bedtimes, weird bespoke diets, mental exercise regimes and no booze are worth just split seconds, fair play to them.

shermer75
    Free Member

…still 1.3 seconds slower than his team mate

He consistantly manages to underwhelm, hey? It’s hard to imagine him being there next season.

Which brings up the question who will get his seat, which is starting to look particularly juicy considering Renault’s upward trajectory in performance!

shermer75
    Free Member

If Kimi goes from Ferrari too then that would mean potentially two top tier seats up for grabs!

thepurist

Then of course if Alonso leaves mclaren you can guarantee that Honda will build a merc beater before his seat is cold.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Perhaps that’s the best proven strategy to get a top performing car? Hire Alonso, get rid after a couple of years and your car then becomes great.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

I have to say Alonso’s adviser is consistently good at making those decisions

Bottas FTW please!

shermer75
    Free Member

Loved that interview with Bernie

simondbarnes

Stoffel couldn’t even get round an installation lap. Things really not getting better for McLaren.

Moe

I think Bernie became his own parody and nobody close has had the balls to tell him firmly, it’s all over for him. I wonder if the only reason he was left in place so long was because the F1 establishment thought he’d be in his box by now?

allthepies
    Free Member

LOL @ Kimmi “interview”

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

I’m not sure Bernie knows if he’s lying or not he’s spent so long telling half truths.

shermer75
    Free Member

Stoffel The Flying Waffle

shermer75
    Free Member

I wonder if the only reason he was left in place so long was because the F1 establishment thought he’d be in his box by now?

He stayed for so long because he was making a ton of money for the right people

bruneep

just sat down to watch, worth watching it on catch up?

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

How long till Alonso’s Honda hand grenades?

allthepies
    Free Member

Not really, it was brief, mumbling and conducted at fast walking pace.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

I can see a verstappen / hamilton coming together soon 🙂

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

ok its was a wall 🙂

Twodogs

Alonso sniffing around, apparently

Wouldn’t surprise me…and Palmer does seem to be useless compared to Hulkenberg

Klunk
    Free Member

Going to cause problems for mercedes if Bottas is going to be so slow from pole.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

Well that was quite good. Alonso and Kimi radio adds entertainment. Poor Bernie looks like billy no mates on the grid walk. I wonder if he’ll take up the next invite to a race?

Bottas will probably be getting a few ‘Hamilton is faster than you ‘ messages over the season. He’s got 1 lap pace and steady in bringing the car home but no elbows out racing yet.
    Just as well Massa is getting some points as I wonder if Strolls pay drive covers the loss in prize money ( constructor points) and crash damage?

skiboy
    Free Member

yes cheekymonkey it does cover it and a whole lot more

retro83
    Free Member

Entertaining race!

That move from Sainz on Stroll was silly. He’s received a grid penalty for next race.

Good result for Wehrlein.

Shame Bottas’ race got a bit screwed by the generator fault on the grid. Not sure though why he was still struggling with oversteer at the end.

thepurist

Shame Bottas’ race got a bit screwed by the generator fault on the grid

And Hamiltons. Given VBs pace it was pretty clear Hamilton was just twiddling his thumbs for the first stint, Merc could have taken advantage the same way Ferrari did but their rigid thinking lost them any chance of the win. Also VB did his usual trick of managing to lose pace as the race wore on, he’s really showing how good nico was. Ocon for merc next season?

cyclistm
    Free Member

Could we see Alonso in red after Monaco/indy 500?

I love Kimi but it’s probably time to go, he can’t keep getting away with only putting the effort in at contract time.

shermer75
    Free Member

I do think Kimi will go, however all the commentators are saying that there is no way he’ll be returning to Ferrari so maybe he has burnt his bridges there. Although, that said everyone said the same about McLaren! 🙂

Other possibles are Grosjean, Sainz and Ricciardo..

shermer75
    Free Member

For some reason Perez is never mentioned in connection with the Ferrari seat, never been sure why!

retro83
    Free Member

Red bull have worked out what’s wrong with their car

Mismatching data has been identified as the cause of Red Bull’s problems early in 2017.

“We have understood our chassis problems,” team official Dr Helmut Marko is quoted by Auto Motor und Sport. “But we need to wait until Barcelona for the solution.”

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns36232.html

shermer75
    Free Member
Viewing 40 posts - 1,121 through 1,160 (of 2,564 total)

The topic ‘F1 2017 (Bound to contain spoilers!)’ is closed to new replies.