• This topic has 2,563 replies, 197 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 2,564 total)
  • F1 2017 (Bound to contain spoilers!)
  • ScottChegg
    Free Member

Give it a go, blah blah blah, then cast your derogatory scornfull and fearful comments that it’s less engaging and exciting than this too long in the tooth F1

No, still looking at you like you’re an oddball.

the-muffin-man

Ferrari have a T-Wing too – stuck on a sharkfin!

Pook

Ferrari must have spent all their housekeeping budget on the car. Can we send them some lightbulbs??

bombjack
    Free Member

Interesting that they’ve gone down the Honking big fin route whereas Mercedes has a smaller (more aero?) concept. Not sure about the T wing, I can see those being banned pretty quickly.

the-muffin-man

The wheelbase looks shorter than the others we’ve seen so far.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2017/02/24/pictures-ferraris-new-f1-car-for-2017-revealed/

legend
    Free Member

Angular air intakes are interesting. Sharp features like that really stand out now when everything else is curved

Ignore, just seen it’s the aero device in front of the actual pod

shermer75
    Free Member

I’m actually a little surprised that there are not any sponsorship logos on those shark fins, especially as they look like big advertising hoardings. You would have thought that a team as cash-strapped as Sauber would have snapped up a chance like that! 🙂

wukfit
    Free Member

They’re probably expecting to have to remove the fin, or want to attract a new sponsor “look at this massive billboard we’ve bolted on”

the-muffin-man

I’m actually a little surprised that there are not any sponsorship logos on those shark fins,

It’s probably because the fin won’t be there for every race. They may not need it on certain circuits.

bombjack
    Free Member

I’m actually a little surprised that there are not any sponsorship logos on those shark fins

There are so few sponsors on the back-of-the-grid teams (and even the ones at the front TBH) that its not suprising really. Quite looking forward to the Mclaren launch now.

shermer75
    Free Member

It’s probably because the fin won’t be there for every race. They may not need it on certain circuits.

So what does it do then? I’ve seen surprisingly little chat about it JA on F1 etc….

dragon
    Free Member

WHat the heck is going on with the wing mirrors on the Merc and Ferrari, they look stupid. In fact the cars look awful so far, that Merc looks like someone put it partly into a shredder before dragging it back out again. Seems like a step backwards, with all this silly aero crap everywhere.

the-muffin-man

So what does it do then?

Smooths and conditions airflow to the rear wing apparently. But I’m no expert!

Scarbs is your man for F1 tech…

https://drivetribe.com/p/fFRt-VZaRTGoLN_ejMVSSQ?iid=eq8XYlB9QvmBPwFo11C0nw

https://drivetribe.com/u/fx1EWSb4RIm93vpxv2-6Aw?iid=fuh03vGOSo29v3Zf7G9JxA

bombjack
    Free Member

Arent the mirrors pretty much just an aero device – given how low the drivers sit, and how stiffly the cars are set-up I cant imagine you can see much through them.

shermer75
    Free Member

Scarbs is your man for F1 tech…

Nice one thanks! 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

sorry muffin I seen to have missed a page 🙂

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

its a mclaren in a manor / virgin livery

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

“everyone here is a mclaren fan, if not please leave” que bloke leaving behind the speaker 🙂

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

EDIT: It is in orange.. although on the feed it looks like red to me! Nice haircuts chaps!

bombjack
    Free Member

Jesus, Mclaren have just wheeled out a 2007 spyker.

STATO
    Free Member

Thats the only time this mclaren will look good! ^^^^

(just seen the pics on autosport) #vomit

Klunk
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

tried to get Alonso to describe it as “sexy” he seemed reluctant 🙂 the best he could come up with was it was nice to have some mclaren colours. Looks like the colour scheme was done in a 2D side view, sent off to the paint shop, bit like in old style games where we only had projection mapping and no unwrapper everything looks a bit wonky and badly stretched.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

That is a shocking paint job on that McLaren.

STATO
    Free Member

They need to flip the colours on the front wing, painting all the complicated bits orange just makes it look busy. Also, throw a sheet over the rest of it so we dont have to look at it 😆

the-muffin-man

Rather sad when a team like McLaren have as many sponsors as Sauber. So many blank spaces.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

Its true but I bet they pay more to sponsor the Mclaren as per RonDon’s rate card.

Spyker 2007 vintage

andytherocketeer

Was going to suggest Orange Arrows, but that one above is a closer match.

the-muffin-man

I hope I’m wrong, but it looks underdeveloped compared to the Merc and Ferrari. I really want to see McLaren back at the pointy end of the grid.

the-muffin-man

Doesn’t get any prettier in side view…

legend
    Free Member

Would love to think that was their test paint job ala:

Alternatively, they’ve got to do it properly:

shermer75
    Free Member

For me the classic McLaren colours will always be the red and white, but I guess they are making a point about having a clear break from the Ron Dennis era! 🙂

boltonjon

Going out on a limb here….but i quite like the new McLaren colours!

Awaits for the abuse to be thrown this way….

onandon
    Free Member

It’s a bit half arsed. I think it should be totally orange. The black doesn’t really do anything for me.

Moe

For me the classic McLaren colours will always be the red and white

Not actually McLaren colours though are they? ….. more like Marlboro?

aracer
    Free Member

Correct – but Marlboro was a sponsor all through their heyday, so it’s natural that’s what they are associated with.

As already pointed out, I don’t have a problem with Orange for McLaren – it’s just the way they’ve done it two tone with the black is a bit of a mess.

the-muffin-man

As already pointed out, I don’t have a problem with Orange for McLaren – it’s just the way they’ve done it two tone with the black is a bit of a mess.

Agree – and it’s not even the right orange.

thepurist

Maybe they’ve left the black bits for the sponsor logos. So could’ve been all orange then.

nickc

and it’s not even the right orange.

Really? That’s the best you can come up with? That it’s not quite same shade of a colour that a racing team last used about 50 years ago? I’m sure they’re going to be devastated by your razor-like insight into marketing and colour palette choice.

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 2,564 total)

The topic ‘F1 2017 (Bound to contain spoilers!)’ is closed to new replies.