Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 1,742 total)
  • F1 2016 (Bound to contain spoilers!)
  • legend
    Free Member

It’ll also look a lot better when integrated properly into the aero package. Visibility in rain will be the real test

swavis

Wipers? 😆

the-muffin-man

Stick one of these on too…

Notter
    Free Member

scotroutes – Member

Maybe they could put the drivers name there
    Posted 14 minutes ago # Report-Post

I like this idea, but not for drivers names, imagine the fun the teams could have with it:

Or better still, a scrolling LED display so other drivers can see when it’s “Hammer-time” 😉

the-muffin-man

On twitter…

scotroutes

I’m off to buy shares in Rain-X

legend
    Free Member

Guess the dobber: “Safety is a constant thing that always needs to be worked on, as long as it doesn’t affect the aesthetics, the style and the coolness of Formula 1.”

RickDraper
    Free Member

^ Mr T?

slackalice
    Free Member

Apparently there’s been another GP this weekend.

From the race review I’ve just read on BBC sport, I’m getting the impression that it was quite exciting for the first few corners of the first lap.

scotroutes

Hamilton to Ferrari next year?

Pook

Hamilton had said he doesn’t think he’ll go to Ferrari.

I see him in a red car in the next 3 years

ScottChegg
    Free Member

From the race review I’ve just read on BBC sport, I’m getting the impression that it was quite exciting for the first few corners of the first lap.

The BBC are never going to say that a sporting spectacle on another channel was the most exciting thing in the world.

I caught a bit of the C4 coverage. It was bad.

Ham? Back to Mclaren, once their engine woes are sorted.

Pook

He’s saying the stewards are after him now

nickc

same as usual really, first couple of laps were entertaining, mid pack young guns overtook each other a bit pointlessly, some former great teams did moderately better than they have of late. The cars that are mostly the same colour crashed into each other as usual. The two silver ones overtook more or less every one else. The track could have been anywhere, and it was probably somewhere you’ve never heard of.

Slacks, expensive haircuts, shirts open to the chest and large watches were worn…

slowoldman

…and Bernie got to sit with Vlad.

slowoldman

the-muffin-man
    cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

lets see what Mad Max can do to Vettel in the next GP

Kvyatt demoted and Max promoted

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/36206848

It should be interesting for Sainz who now has another benchmark. It does give us an insight as to how fast Verstappen is when in the same machinery as Ricciardo. Its played into Red Bulls hands nicely.

Edit: Too slow ..beaten to post by above 🙂

Moe

it’d be interesting to know what sir Jack thought about the screen…..

shermer75
    Free Member

Wow!! Red Bull are not messing about, hey?

Moe

there are probably a few drivers glad that their teams can’t be quite as ‘immediate’ as Red Bull!

shermer75
    Free Member

That really is some bold and exciting decision making from Red Bull. It makes me wonder:

1) how much influence Vettel has over his former team following his chat to Christian Horner on the pit wall in Sochi
    2) what’s going to happen to Kvyet now- it’s not looking good because RB will be wanting to add to new drivers to the Toro Rosso conveyer belt in 2017, so maybe a midpack team might buy him up? But that may have an effect on…
    3) …Sainz who also needs a new seat after this season.

Moe

Grosjean wasn’t flavor of the month on a regular basis in seasons past for similar reasons and his prospects are looking up now, ultimately though it’ll all be down to how Kvyat handles it and a chunk of luck!

What happens if he gets out there and shows up the A team once or twice, after all he’s got the speed, the Torro Rossos aren’t a long way off and if the luck should happen to fall his way.

Whatever, it’s definitely added some interest. Maybe the drivers should be pooled and the teams draw drivers for each race! …..never gonna happen but then who knows what Bernie can pull out the hat! 😀

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I’m not sure Verstappen is quite as good as he thinks he is.

He’s now got a quality team-mate in a quality car. Let’s see just how good he is.

And if he causes an almighty pile-up at the first corner, will he get busted back down?

pondo

Crikey,that’s Kvyat’s season in the sun over and done, then.

jamesy01
    Free Member

There is no doubting Verstappen’s speed and his potential.
    However Button’s assessment, and it has to be said you can see the evidence on the TV week in week out, of Both ‘Rosso drivers is that they are all over the road whenever you try to challenge them. Very much still driving as if they are in GP2. Be interesting to see how Max gets on in the thick of it with championship contenders around him.

legend
    Free Member

However Button’s assessment, and it has to be said you can see the evidence on the TV week in week out, of Both ‘Rosso drivers is that they are all over the road whenever you try to challenge them. Very much still driving as if they are in GP2.

Works for me, means there’s a danger of less snooze time per race!

pondo

Mark Hughes’ (inevitably) interesting take.

Linky

thepurist

Joe Saward is sugegsting that there’s also been a contract extension for Max at RBR, taking him out of the reach of Ferrari & Merc for 2017 and beyond. Given the timing that would also suggest that those discussions had been going on long before Turn 1 in Russia, so that’s just a convenient excuse for the armchair fan.

Also covered here:
    http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/338915/verstappen-s-red-bull-deal-long-term/

thepurist

In other news it seems that the Rebellion is gaining strength, and that Palpatine’s days may be numbered.

Big F1 teams working on plan to replace Ecclestone

Klunk
    Free Member

the Kvyat decision is daft, he can now crash into a ferrari with a ferrari engine in his car 😆

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Verstappen’s speed and his potential.

The thing about potential is that it frequently goes untapped.

Speed is easy without control.

If he was that good, how come 2 drivers were better than him before he came to F1? Half of his ‘potential’ is his Dad’s overselling of him.

I remember Jos coming to F1 as the next big thing. It never happened, and he was in the same car as Schumi

the-muffin-man

Spanish GP drivers press conference – a lovely picture of joy and happiness!…

Notter
    Free Member

Nicely cheeky scheduling by the FIA to have not only MV and DK there, but also adding Sainz into the mix!!

Ferrari’s running nicely today, though as ever I think Merc have something in reserve.

This is interesting too, Manor first and third through the speed trap in FP2!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Manor first and third through the speed trap in FP2!

Well, at least there’s an upside to not enough downforce!

njee20
    Free Member

😆

If only Crashtor was still around, could’ve given him a somewhat sketchy car for full on MarioKart antics!

thepurist

I’m hoping max nerfs vettel on the first lap, elevating danni k to a decent position. That would be poetic.

onehundredthidiot

Don’t get the kvyatt thing. First touch, racing incident, second vettel, by his own admission wasn’t at racing speed and, on not too close watching, kvyatt looks like he was tapped from behind. Maybe it’s a clever tactic to get him to embarrass vettel.

holst
    Free Member

Red Bull may be worried that Ricciardo will move to Ferrari, who can’t be happy with how their year is turning out and will have noticed that DR thrashed Vettel when they were teammates. Red Bull had already decided to promote MV to the senior team next year, but may have decided they need to give him experience in the car in case DR leaves. Kvyat is quick on a good day but doesn’t seem like a championship contender just now.

rOcKeTdOg

I can’t see DR playing second fiddle to SV at Ferrari he’d want to be No1

Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 1,742 total)

The topic ‘F1 2016 (Bound to contain spoilers!)’ is closed to new replies.