Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Ezy – Up Style Shelters
  • aviemoron
    Free Member

Hi All,
    As the title suggests, I’m looking for an “Ezy-Up” style shelter without paying “Ezy-Up” prices (£500ish!) For races, family camping, etc, etc. Any suggestions. Would like something more sturdy than a garden party gazebo type thing.
    Cheers.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

I’ve bought cheaper eze-ups in the past and they never last, infact they have all broken in the first use.
    IMO your better off looking at a big tent, or tent shelters.

Depends on what big a shelter you want and how much you have to spend though.

trail_rat
    Free Member

http://www.supergazebo.com/

We at angus bike chain use those guys ….

our gazeebos from them have lasted every puffer since the first – Mountain mayhem last year where i was one of the few who could take down there gazeebos rather than run after it to catch the buckled remains in the mad wind. and pretty much every other scottish endurance event in the last 5 years.

sure we have had to replace parts of it but no much ….and spares = cheap !

expect to pay 250 quidish for a top and 3 sides + door

at puffer lite last weekend

turnip
    Free Member

its all about how you tie them down, also use gridwall to stiffen the structure so it doesnt twist.

plus the walls must seal or it will implode in the wind

trail_rat
    Free Member

yup – we peg em down and tie to cars and boulders , waterproof walls and roof and door …..with flaps to the floor that also peg out.

keeping the door shut in wind is good. our sides all zip together !

used 40 quid jobs outa focus in the past and no matter how its tied down it implodes ! used to use one of them a season :S

aviemoron
    Free Member

trail_rat, cheers!

theotherjonv

while tent shopping at the weekend I saw one of these and it looked pretty well perfect for event camping, particularly with the sides to go on it.

http://www.campingworld.co.uk/Models.aspx?ModelID=2546

steveh

I’ve had a couple of cheap ones from netto/aldi and alike for around £40. The first one is still being used by a mate 3/4 years on without any problems. They keys to them are (a) tieing them down properly – the best way for race fields is 4 screw in dog pegs with a ratchet strap to each corner (b) not leaving the sides on in the wind, in fact my very rarely have the sides on and I don’t find the sides much use around my van.

For irregular use the expensive ones just aren’t worth it.

Frankers
    Free Member

Just bought one of these and was surprised how sturdy it is for the money

Argos

al-london
    Free Member

Agreed with steveh is down to how you tie them down, I have a genuine EZ up and a good quality copy. I nearly always use the copy as it is in better nick. I tie them down with the dog pegs and straps and have no issues. I have more tears from storage and throwing it in and out of the van.

Vortexracing

A lot of lads used them when I was Karting.

we renamed them easidown.

they really are not made for any sort of dodgy weather.

Jason
    Free Member

In a similar style to the one theotherjonv posted, we bought one of these:

http://www.camping-intl.com/products/tents/wynnster/utility-and-toilet-tents/2009-leisure-shelter

With the sides on it is great, very windproof and stays fairly warm, we have fitted 7-8 people sat around inside. The first time we used it was at Bristol Bikefest and it survived the torrential rain overnight without any leaks. When packed up it is a lot more compact than a normal gazebo style structure.

Nick

These are great, not bothered by weather at all, pretty good value, makes a workable tent too

khyam day shelter

theotherjonv

even better! Want one. Does it come with the sides already included at that price?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Ezy – Up Style Shelters’ is closed to new replies.