Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Eye for an eye
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member
    Xylene
    Free Member

Some will say barbaric, yet surely it would discourage crime if the punishment was matched.

GrahamS

Those who are sentenced to death are often not
    informed of the progress of legal proceedings
    against them, or of the date of execution until the
    morning on which they are taken out and
    beheaded. The headless body can then be crucified in a
    public place as a way to set an example,
    according to the kingdom's strict interpretation of
    Islam.

😯

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BontyBuns
    Free Member

This is the third thread about this in 24 hours.

surfer
    Free Member

Some will say barbaric, yet surely it would discourage crime if the punishment was matched

Except it doesnt! We see this from crime rates in countries that still use capital punishment.
    This is barbaric and primative.

MSP

Surprised there are any daily mail readers left in the UK, you would think they would all have emigrated to saudi by now to live under the fair and just rule of that nation.

tails
    Free Member

It's interesting if I were paralysed by some chap with a knife I'd be very bitter and feel it fair to inflict the same on him, from an outside point of view I'm amazed you would render your citizens unable to work and live a normal life.

Xylene
    Free Member

Except it doesnt! We see this from crime rates in countries that still use capital punishment.

The risk of death for a crime or the risk of being paralysed?

Surely being paralysed would be worse than death.

One is over and done with, the other goes on.

El-bent
    Free Member

Some will say barbaric, yet surely it would discourage crime if the punishment was matched.

Except that the convicted knows about the laws of his country and the possible consequences of his actions and still went ahead and did it anyway.

falkirk-mark

Surprised there are any daily mail readers left in the UK, you would think they would all have emigrated to saudi by now to live under the fair and just rule of that nation

The only link I read was the Guardian

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Eye for an eye, perhaps if I was the victim, I also believe paedophiles should be castrated locked up an throw away the key!

Xylene
    Free Member

Except that the convicted knows about the laws of his country and the possible consequences of his actions and still went ahead and did it anyway.

And now he is going to be paralysed for it. Or should he be rehabilitated for his crime so he doesn't do it again. Much like the other man can be rehabilitated for being paralysed

midgebait
    Free Member

and if a miscarriage of justice was confirmed later on then we could always … oh, hang on!

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

As long as the bearded sky fairy is happy!

Shibboleth
    Free Member

It's not an eye for an eye though. It's the state – or a judge – taking an eye (or in this case a man's mobility) on behalf of someone who will now have to come to terms with the fact that doctors have been forced to mutilate a person's spinal chord to avenge his own injuries.

So whose eye does the accused seek? Because it's not the original victim that's meting out the revenge. And what about the doctors forced to carry out what is effectively an assault, and a complete breech of their Hypocratic oath?

Animals.

Xylene
    Free Member

Chemically paralyse him then for the duration of his life and if it turns out he's not guilty then it can be undone.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Eye for an eye’ is closed to new replies.