Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Exposure joystick alternatives?
  • backhander
    Free Member

Hi, I’m liking the joystick but despite various offers, it’s still just out of my budget. Are there any alternatives? I’d like a self contained unit with a rechargable battery with a minimum 3hr run and probably XPG LEDs. Basically I want a joystick but a little cheaper and good quality.
    Thanks!

stevemorg2

it’s not as neat as a joystick but I’m more than happy with the performance of my Solarforce L2 torch with an XPG drop in. You can pick then up for £24 ish from here:

http://www.kmnw.co.uk/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22_73_88&products_id=317

or get them on Ebay from Hong Kong for a bit less.

You still have to buy the batteries and charger – @£25 (unless you are prepared to wait for Deal Extreme etc) and a Joystick mount (which fits perfectly)

It works out at @£70 – but there are cheaper (though IMHO) not as good torches on the deal extreme site for @ £10 if you want to go a bit cheaper

bigjim

You might want to look at one of the torch based solutions, probably best do a search for that.

ahwiles
    Free Member

fenix L2D

180 lumens for more than 2 hours.

or

110 for 5 hours.

you’ll need some good 2700mAh rechargeables + smart charger.

torch £45

batteries+charger £20.

2/3rds the performance of a joystick, for way less than half the price.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I’ve got a Fenix TK11 – 285 lumens on full, 3 hours (just about) on 18650 battery. Much longer on lower mode (60 lumens). Just get a Lockblok for £6 to lid mount it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Exposure joystick alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.