Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 414 total)
  • Explosions heard at Manchester Arena
  • funkmasterp

My thoughts are with the families and friends of all those caught up in this. From those who were injured and killed through to the wonderful people doing all they can to help.

For those on here who have been directly affected, I’m so sorry for your losses.

mikey3
    Free Member

The emergency services are amazing aren’t they,grateful there are people out there strong enough to do that job and hope they get the support should they need it too.

dannyh
    Free Member

Eight years old. 🙁

My daughter is eight and I cannot imagine being without her nor imagine what the heartache would be like.

It is heart-wrenchingly sad.

CountZero

Edited by Mod.

Some of the interviews with people who were there were/are just heartbreaking hearing them on the radio, for the children who were involved who’ve survived, this is a situation that it’s difficult to imagine them recovering from emotionally, the mental scars are going to be deep ones, and I hope they get the help that they’re going to need in the future.
    The response from the people of Manchester, and further afield, like Liverpool, has been a true example though of just how people will come to the aid of others without thought for themselves.
    The human race at its very best, and I salute them.

theotherjonv

For those of you with kids, this is a good article.

In fact **** it, adults should read it too. Particularly adults who behave like kids.

Try not to worry about the news

keithr
    Free Member

The emergency services are amazing aren’t they,grateful there are people out there strong enough to do that job and hope they get the support should they need it too

This.

And:

The response from the people of Manchester, and further afield, like Liverpool, has been a true example though of just how people will come to the aid of others without thought for themselves.

The human race at its very best, and I salute them.

This.

dannyh
    Free Member

ISIS have claimed responsibility.

Maybe we should ask the question of ISIS. What is it you want and what is it you stand for?

The pathetic thing is that they wouldn’t be able to say. They don’t want anything other than to harm the 99.99999% of the world that don’t share their twisted views. What do they ‘have’? An area of rocky desert that has been fled by most of the normal residents. Who do they govern? Cowed people who only go along with them out of fear and were unfortunate enough not to get out in time. How do they rule? By fear and fear alone.

So what is ISIS? It is not a political movement. The best description I have heard (in the guardian) was a “homoerotic death cult”. It is not representative of Islam any more than the Lebanese ‘christian’ phalangists who massacred people in refugee camps in 1982 are representative of Christianity.

Should we even try to understand such a thing? They have no programme, no demands, no positive desires. The very definition of nihilism.

We could torture ourselves into trying to find a rationale behind attacks like this, but the only answer we will come back to is nihilism and hatred.

Instead, we need to stand together in our free and embracing society and not be intimidated by a tiny minority of people who stand for nothing. We also must not make the mistake of associating these people with the vast, vast majority of Muslims who go about their daily lives with their faith and don’t find made-up reasons to hate others.

Love to Manchester and anyone who has been affected by this.

keithr
    Free Member

As Drac points out a page back, ISIS usually does claim responsibility, whether they’re responsible or not.

But your summary of Daesh (call them that – it offends them, apparently: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/what-daesh-mean-isis-threatens-6841468) is right on point.

nickc

Listening to the news on the radio driving home, there were some really inspiring stories about the heroism displayed by both professionals and members of public. Personally I think I’m going to concentrate on that rather than the idiots who want to vicariously take “credit”

dannyh
    Free Member

But your summary of Daesh (call them that – it offends them, apparently:

Says a lot about a ‘group’ when they are offended by being called names and supposedly losing ‘face’, yet are prepared to behave the way they do.

Anyway, I’ve expressed my opinion of Daesh.

It probably won’t have contributed anything positive (it can’t with people like them), but hopefully by realising and reinforcing the fact that our values are so much better than them we can take some solace.

keithr
    Free Member

Aye, with you 100% there, Danny.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

the fact that our values are so much better than them

Now, I’m not entirely sure what the Mancunian equivalent of a croque-en-bouche is, but I’m willing to bet it would make Binners weak at the knees.

[video]https://youtu.be/glxh9ZgP7kc[/video]
    (Contains rude words, but also a ******* great message)

Cougar

John Oliver is great, his show is well worth a watch. It’s basically The Last Leg without Hammond and May or any guests.

Cougar

Daesh (call them that – it offends them, apparently

Why, out of interest? What’s it mean?

Harry_the_Spider

Why, out of interest? What’s it mean?

Unhinged Murderous Bastards?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What’s it mean?

See video above.

Drac

Now, I’m not entirely sure what the Mancunian equivalent of a croque-en-bouche is

Junkyard
    Free Member

But the term “Daesh” (or Da’ish) has also gained currency, both in the Middle East and further afield, and has been used as a way of challenging the legitimacy of the group due to the negative connotations of the word.
    Daesh is essentially an Arabic acronym formed from the initial letters of the group’s previous name in Arabic – “al-Dawla al-Islamiya fil Iraq wa al-Sham”. Although it does not mean anything as a word in Arabic, it sounds unpleasant and the group’s supporters object to its use.
    Daesh also sounds similar to an Arabic verb that means to tread underfoot, trample down, or crush something.

Source is http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-27994277

whitestone
    Free Member

@Cougar – it’s an acronym apparently – this piece explains more and partly why it upsets them

Junkyard
    Free Member

badnewz
    Free Member

Revolution just around the corner.

mrmo
    Free Member

dannyh i would ask yourself where daesch get there money, and in a way why we’re all guilty.

rmacattack
    Free Member

yeah possibly, but too many libtards about now. something needs to be done, and everyone in downing street knows it. but to fund two jags and endless holidays its just easier to have uncontrolled borders and turn blind eyes.
    read something the other day and an illegal immigrant, who had overstayed a working visa by 6 years and was still living in the uk, raped a 16 yo girl.

twistedpencil

rmacattack – today is not the day to admit you follow Katie Hopkins. Leave it out.

keithr
    Free Member

read something the other day and an illegal immigrant, who had overstayed a working visa by 6 years and was still living in the uk, raped a 16 yo girl.

Oh, FFS.

No white English man ever raped anyone, of course…

Junkyard
    Free Member

you did not read about the immigrant who donated their organs on their death to save others then or the one who is a heart surgeon or the one who delivered Brexit – Bloody Boris eh 🙄

Actually why am i engaging with someone who says libtard – its just like when someone says I am not racist but

rmacattack
    Free Member

its the point of no checks of who enters or leaves.

keithr
    Free Member

something needs to be done

OK, genius – what needs to be done?

Invade a Middle-eastern country or two?

Bomb a few villages?

‘Cos all that shite has worked REALLY well up to now, hasn’t it?

Junkyard
    Free Member

so its something you made up that does not happen that concerns you

How would you like us to help you ?

Facts? Do they work on you?

keithr
    Free Member

its the point of no checks of who enters or leaves.

Except that’s utter cobblers, of course.

Don’t get your “facts” from the Daily Mail and Nigel Farage.

rmacattack
    Free Member

i think we have seen already in europe what a neutral attitude archives

Junkyard
    Free Member

anyone any idea what they just made up now?

chip
    Free Member

The man who did this was Manchester born,
    How some one who was born here ends up doing this I don’t know,.
    I’m sure we will find out more over the following days, along with more details of the innocent people who sadly were killed and maimed by him.

keithr
    Free Member

i think we have seen already in europe what a neutral attitude achieves

Prosperity?

Tolerance?

Inclusivity?

Plenty of that in some parts of Europe – less of it where people with your attitude hold sway.

Funny, that…

badnewz
    Free Member

Big problems ahead, I think most people feel this now.

keithr
    Free Member

How some one who was born here ends up doing this I don’t know.

A question which goes to the heart of the matter: this crap happens because some people are broken. not because they’re Muslim.

The religious dimension just gives them a cause to hang their brokenness on.

And (hope I don’t sound like a Libtard here – I’d hate that…) abuse and disenfranchise people enough, and you create a willing pool of vulnerable, easily-swayed potential “martyrs” who are easy to persuade that they’ve got nothing left to lose in this life.

F***ing religion…

rogermoore

i think we have seen already in europe what a neutral attitude archives

Swiss filing cabinets?
    RM.

keithr
    Free Member

I see what you did there, Roger…

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

And in another part of the world someone else is being brainwashed with hatred too. 🙄

MoreCashThanDash

this crap happens because some people are broken. not because they’re Muslim.

Absolutely

So why was this needed?

F***ing religion…

Or did I miss the intended irony?

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 414 total)

The topic ‘Explosions heard at Manchester Arena’ is closed to new replies.